Hello, friends, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at Introduction to Proteus. I am going to start a new tutorial series on proteus software. This is the first tutorial of this proteus series in which I will give you a detailed introduction to proteus and its different elements. It is a circuit designing software invented by Labcenter Electronics. It used to design different circuits on PCB (printed circuit board) and simulation of different circuits. The use of proteus for any electronic circuit project makes that project cost-effective and less errored due to schematic construction on the proteus.
In 1988 the first version of Proteus known as PCB-B was created by John Jameson who was chairman of the company. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at its uses, structure, and will learn how to make different circuits in Proteus. So let’s get started with Introduction to Proteus.
Introduction to Proteus
- Proteus is used to simulate, design and drawing of electronic circuits. It was invented by the Labcenter electronic.
- By using proteus you can make two-dimensional circuits designs as well.
- With the use of this engineering software, you can construct and simulate different electrical and electronic circuits on your personal computers or laptops.
- There are numerous benefits to simulate circuits on proteus before make them practically.
- Designing of circuits on the proteus takes less time than practical construction of the circuit.
- The possibility of error is less in software simulation such as loose connection that takes a lot of time to find out connections problems in a practical circuit.
- Circuit simulations provide the main feature that some components of circuits are not practical then you can construct your circuit on proteus.
- There is zero possibility of burning and damaging of any electronic component in proteus.
- The electronic tools that are very expensive can easily get in proteus such as an oscilloscope.
- Using proteus you can find different parents of circuits such as current, a voltage value of any component and resistance at any instant which is very difficult in a practical circuit.
Features of Proteus
- There are 2 main parts of proteus first is used to design and draw different circuits and the second is for designing of PCB layout.
- First is ISIS that used to design and simulate circuits. And second is ARES that used for designing of a printed circuit board.
- It also provides features related to the three-dimensional view of design in PCB.
- Friends, now we discuss the layout of proteus and will discuss sections and their functionality in proteus.
- When you will click on the Icone of installed Proteus in your computer then you will see this window from a new file option.
- In the above figure, you can see the proteus window and this window has many sections that are explained in the below figure.
- In the above figure, you can see that the dotted portion is called an editing window. This is a drawing portion of proteus where you simulate your engineering circuits and projects.
- In the overview window, you see the complete view of your complete design.
- This section has 2 buttons P and E. P is used to select different components and shown in this box. The E button is for edit something for example you want to vary any value of components than you can use this edit button.
- By using this option you can easily zoom in and zoom out your layout and can observe complete simulation very clearly.
- By using this option you can select different devices like voltmeter, ammeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- At the left bottom there are 4 buttons Run, stop, pause and stop. These buttons are like the remort control and on and off your circuit.
How to Make Circuit in Proteus
- Lets friends now discuss how you can make any electric circuit in proteus.
- We will perform some steps to make a circuit.
- First of all click on proteus Icone in your computer and click on a new file option as shown in the below figure.
- After that, you will see the drawing sheet as shown in the below figure. Save it according to your project.
- After a move to the component option as shown in the below figure and select the elements for your projects.
- After clicking on components mode you will see two buttons P and L. If you move to P button you will see Pic from Libraries.
- When you will click on the P button you will see box shown in the below figure. Type your component for a circuit.
- As I type button and you can see a button in right figure that different buttons are shown you can select according to your use.
- When you will select components for your project you will see them in a box shown in the below figure.
- I have also selected some components for designing of a simple circuit.
- After the selection of components make the circuit layout of your project and connect all these components with the wires.
- For connection of one component to other clicks left of first one terminal of component and drag it to other components.
- If you want to remove any component or remove its connection just double click on respective of a component of wire.
- If you want to change the values of any component such as resistance, capacitor, then click right on that component and select the desired value and click OK button.
- As in the below figure, I vary the value of battery voltages.
- When you connect all components in the circuit like run button in left bottom see the practical working of your circuit.
- When you will observe the simulation of your circuit than click on stop button on the left bottom to stop the working of the circuit.
I also have uploaded a video for Proteus simulation that will your practical understanding of Proteus.
So friends that is the detailed tutorial on introduction to Proteus. I hope you understand this basic tutorial on Proteus very well. If you have any query ask in comments. Soon I will upload the second tutorial of this Proteus series. Have a good day.