Hi, friends welcome to the new post in this post we will have a detailed look at introduction to 1N4004. Diode is a device that used to convert or transformation of AC into DC. It operates in only one direction of forward biased mode. There are numerous categories of diode such as LED, varactor diode, photodiode, step recovery diode, current diode and some others, each and every category of the diode has its own features and parameters.
In this post, we will discuss the 1N4004 diode and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to 1N4004.
Introduction to 1N4004
- The 1n4004 belongs to the diodes family which used to move of current in a single direction or dc. It has two endpoints first one is called an anode and the second one called a cathode that helps to make a connection in the circuitry.
- The extreme current capacity that can it operate is one ampere and has the ability to operate in such a circuit where the current value is thirty amperes.
- There are two types of color combination is shown at the surface of diode first is gray that is denotes the cathode and the other is black that denotes the anode.
- It is available in the DO-41 casing. It also called a rectifier diode since it has PN junction.
- The common application of this diode is in different categories of rectifier circuits that used to convert ac to dc. There are two types of rectifiers first is half-wave and the second is a full-wave rectifier.
White Boards from PCBWay
- As his diode is used in different types of electronic projects for conversion of ac to dc and helps to run the different devices. With that, it used in different categories of amplifiers and switching circuits.
- All these amplifiers and switching circuits are created on the PCB boards. There are different categories of PCB boards such as rigid PCB, flex PCB aluminum PCB and rigid-flex PCB are used in different categories of electronic projects according to circuit demands.
- With that all these types of PCB boards there is another special type of PCB board that is white PCB used in a certain category of projects and electronic device and provides different features and uses.
- To get all these types of PCB including white PCB I will suggest you to the most reliable and worldwide trusted PCB supplier that is PCBWAY. That provides different services related to PCB boards and its related projects.
- The features and different parameters provided by the white PCB PCBWAY are described here. I hope will help you to make your project related to a rectifier that uses 1N4004 and other electronic components.
- PCBWAY is a high-quality PCB and the supplier of its related products. That provides different types of boards with different price ranges.
- currently, they are producing such a category of PCB board that used in small power conversion applications that are whiteboard.
- This category of the board offers high speed and the most reliable services.
- In the below figure you can see the specification of the whiteboard.
- In this board different category of solder, mask coloring can be selected according to your requirements. Normally they provide yellow, blue, green red black white matte black, and matte green
- If we do a comparison with another supplier we will come to know that the price for the first six colors is similar.
- In such an application where the price is main parameter for such application whiteboard is preferred such as a rough prototype.
- The connector used in the creation of this board has high quality over another category of connectors. They also offer t high quality and improved pictures.
- Due to the bright emission of light, it mostly used in such applications where LED is used.
- The motherboard of computer and laptops are also created through this board.
Pinout of 1N4004
- There is two terminals of the diode first one is an anode that is the positive terminal and the second one is a cathode that is negative.
- Anode: through this pinout current is given to the anode.
- cathode: current is taken out from this terminal.
- The common features of this diode are explained here.
- The value of reverse current for this diode is five microamperes
- The normal value of forward current is one ampere.
- It exists in DO forty-one casing or packaging.
- The non-repetitive peak current value is thirty amperes.
- .The value of root mean square voltage is two eighty volts.
- The value of peak repetitive reverse voltage is four hundred volts.
Working of 1N4004
- The working principle of this diode is similar to the normal diode. As we know that there is two modes of operation of the diode in which it operates.
- The first is forward biased and the second one is forward biased.
- In forwarding bias positive terminal of the diode is linked to the positive terminal of the power supply and negative with the negative. In this way, only a positive cycle of current is transformed in the dc or rectifier process occur.
- While in a negative cycle it does operate.
- The common application of this diode is described here.
- Such application where reverse polarity issues occur is the best option
- In full-wave and half-wave rectifier circuitry for the rectification process.
- It used in current flow regulators.
- It also used to provide protection to different circuits.
That is a detailed post about 1N4004 if you have further query ask in the comments. thanks for reading. Have a nice day.