Hello, friends, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, I am going to explain How to Make DC Power Supply Using Proteus. DC power supply is the basic project that every electronic engineering student makes during his engineering. DC power supply is also used in almost every project to provide input supply to the circuitry. In this post, we will discuss with the detailed how-to make dc power supply and its practical implementation.
For the construction of power supply, I will use proteus software I hope you all are aware of this software it commonly used in electronic and engineering programs for simulation of different project’s circuits. So let’s get started with the How to Make DC Power Supply Using Proteus.
How to Make DC Power Supply Using Proteus
- The components used for this project are listed here.
- AC voltage source, it denoted as VSINE.
- Transformer it will step down the voltage provided by the AC input supply.
- The capacitor of rating 2200uf
- The resistance of one kilo-ohm
- DC voltmeter
- In this project, there is a component used that is denoted as 7812 it is a voltage regulator. It is available in integrated circuit packaging.
- This module belong to the 78xx voltage regulators family it easy to use and less expensive. In the name of this module, the last two digits tells about it will regulate the voltage to 12 volts.
- From the name of this module, you can observe that we will convert 220 input AC supply into 12 volts DC supply.
DC Power Supply
- To construct dc supply in the proteus select all components mentioned above for a selection of components click on the ‘P’ button shown in the given figure and type name of the corresponding component and select it.
- After selecting components for projects connect them with each other.
- In this project set value for AC source 220 volts and frequency 50 hertz as you can see in the given figure.
- After that connect the bridge circuit with the transformer secondary winding that will rectify AC output of the transformer into DC after that connect the capacitor of 2200uF with the bridge circuit.
- Now connect the voltage regulator 7812 with the circuit that will convert the output of rectifier into 12 volts. Also, connect the red led and one-kilo ohm resistance with the voltage regulator as output.
- In the given figure, you can see resultant circuitry.
- As you can see in the above figure that complete circuit of dc supply is simulated now connect DC voltmeter across the led to see the dc output voltage that will be 12 volts.
- In the given figure, you can see the complete working circuit dc power source and 12 volts dc output voltage.
Friends it is a detailed post on how to make dc power supply in proteus, I have explained each and every step to construct this project with the detailed. If you have any queries about this project ask in comments. I also have uploaded a video of this project you can also see this video tutorial for further understanding. Thanks for reading. See you in the next tutorial.
helped me a lot , i was given the same end sem project. your post helped me alot
what if we want 9v output?
Think back for your own most successful item of content. Now think of all the additional approaches you could send this message. Would it not work like being a video clip? For an Info-graphic? Just as a more white paper or manual? To get a more thorough collection of shorter posts?