Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Potentiometer & Voltmeter. voltmeter and potentiometer both are used to find the value of voltage. voltmeter is used to find the voltage at the endpoint of circuitry while a potentiometer is to find the electromotive force circuitry. The working operation of the potentiometer is based on the comparison in which unknown voltage of circuit at any point can be found by comparing the voltage of source with that point. If both voltages have a similar value then it shows on the galvanometer.
While voltmeter is linked in parallel combination to find the value of the voltage of circuitry. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both potentiometer and voltmeter and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with difference between potentiometer and voltmeter.
Difference Between Potentiometer & Voltmeter
- It is resistance having 3 pinouts with rotating points that change the value resistance when employed in circuitry.
- Due to resistance change, it operates as a voltage divider.
- Its operates like rheostat when tis two terminal are used in circuitry.
- It used to measure the value of voltage and work as a voltage divider.
- The tape recorder uses this module to control the voice.
- The sensitivity of this device is larger than the voltmeter.
- It does not have a pointing needle like the voltmeter.
- Its working operation is like the position transducer same operation like to the joystick
- It not used to regulate the power because its loses more power than another device
- Its structure is simple that consists of a resistance component sliding connection called a wiper.
- Its resistive part is created with the carbon, graphite plastic
- Its named pots
- The brightness of tv is regulated through this device
- It provides the exact measured value.
- The resistance value offered by this instrument is infinity.
- The instrument used to find the value of voltage about two terminals of circuitry is called a voltmeter.
- The value of resistance offered by the voltmeter is larger than the ammeter.
- Its resistance value is large than the ammeter.
- Its measuring range can be varied.
- Some meter gets power from an outer source and some have its own power source to operate.
- With transformer different voltmeter used to show the value of volts at input and output.
- An Analog meter has a needle that indicates the voltage value that to be calculated.
- To measure the small value of voltage it linked to amplifier circuitry.
- Digital meter indicates voltage in numbers
- The circuit about which voltage is measured voltmeter is connected in parallel combination.
- It is less accurate than the ammeter.
- For measuring the volts value from some volts to thousand volts general-purpose voltmeter used
- Digital meter has a high level of correctness normally one percent than other
That is a detailed post about the difference between potentiometer and voltmeter. If you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.