Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Static & Current Electricity. In static electricity the charges do not move and these retain at the surface of the material. While in the case of current electricity electrons flow in the conductive body. The static electricity is used in machines used to control pollution, painting machine, and xerography..
While current electricity is used to perform different operations such as fan working, motor operation. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both static and current electricity with the details and find their differences. So let’s get started with the Difference Between Static & Current Electricity.
Difference Between Static & Current Electricity
- This is the process that discussed the charge of different concentrations at the substance palace.
- The charge stays in its position till it is connected to the current.
- The static charge produced when 2 pats of any material are created and when parts show the high value of resistance for current
- The practical example if static electricity occurs when natural opposite charges make the connection that spark occurs.
- An example of this process is electrostatic discharge
- It produces the motion of negative charges between two bodies.
- The instrument used to measure the static electricity is a Gold leaf electroscope.
- This electricity can be generated in both conductive and insulator materials.
- In this electricity, there is no induction of a magnetic field.
- The static electricity is generated for a small-time period.
- The examples of static electricity are lightning strokes, it can also be generated with the rubbing balloons on hair,
- Current electricity is generated due to the flow of electrons.
- The exiting time period of current electricity is larger than the static electricity.
- There are two main types of current electricity dc and ac currrent
- In dc current the polarity of the current is constant
- In AC polarity of current changes after a certain time interval
- AC current is produced through ac generator like a synchronous generator
- DC current is produced through dc generator battery and cell also give dc current
- Its value can be measured with the use of analog and digital meters.
- Its common applications are working fan, tube light, machines, motor, etc.
- The main cause of current electricity is the motion of electrons.
- The current electricity is generated only in conductive substances.
- Current electricity produces a magnetic field.
That is detailed post about the difference between static and current electricity if you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.