Hello, friends, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at High Frequency PCB Board. Printed Circuit Board (PCB) is an important part of electronic industries nowadays that provides different circuits with the joining of different elements and components. Some years ago construction and designing of this board were simple and easy to handle but today’s there are a lot of options are available for the design of this board.
Due to different designing techniques and structure, there are lots of types of PCB are available in the market such as single sided PCB, double sided PCB, Flex PCB, Rigid PCB, Multilayer PCB, Aluminum PCB, etc. In today’s post, we will have a look at High-frequency PCB and describe its working, manufacturing, designing, and some important related parameters. So let’s get started with High-Frequency PCB.
High-Frequency PCB Board
- In electronic devices that send and receive signals like mobile uses High-frequency PCB, this PCB can be used for transmission of radio waves, microwaves.
- The operating frequency for this board is from five hundred Mega-Hertz to two Gigahertz.
- To get a high value of frequency from this board such materials are used that fulfill the characteristic for a high-frequency generation.
- So the strength of the transmitted signal can be varied if there is variation in the features of the material of this board like if there is a change in the value of Er (Dielectric Constant or Relative Permittivity its value for different PCB materials is 2.5 to 4.5 ) of board material will vary the impedance of this PCB.
- Mostly designer of the circuit board gives preference to Rogers (Rogers is a company that produces the laminate ingredients used to create circuit boards) dielectric substance since the price of these materials is less and also has less value of Dielectric constant and dissipation factor with this also create less distortion in the signal.
- Teflon can also be used for the production of this PCB it has a frequency value of five Gigahertz.
- Some producers also used FR4 (flame resistant) for the production of this board but it also has a drawback that it can operate for one Gigahertz to Ten Gigahertz frequency range, with larger frequency value it creates problems.
- If we do a comparison between Teflon and RF4 related to dielectric constant, dissipation factor then the Teflon is the best option for this PCB but its price is higher than RF4.
- If you are working for such a project that will use a signal of ten Gigahertz then you must use Teflon for this PCB board.
Features of High-Frequency PCB
- These are some main features of a high printed circuit board.
- The value of a dielectric constant is very less for this board large value of a dielectric constant is cause delay in transmission of a signal.
- The value of the dissipation factor should be smaller as it affects the quality transmitted signal.
- During rain and moisture environment there should be less value of water absorption high value of water abortion affect the dielectric constant and dissipation factor.
- Some other features like resistance against chemicals, impact strength, and resistance against resistance should be higher.
|Quality Grade||It follows the IPC 2 Standard|
|Quantity of Layers||There are two to twenty-four layers are existed for this board.|
|Numbers for Orders||You can order from one board to one thousand board.|
|Production Time||There are two to thirty-five days are required for its production.|
|Material for construction||The materials used for its production are RO4003C RO4350B, Ro3003, Ro3010, and RT5880.|
|PP||Rogers 4450F, Domestic-(25FR),|
|Board dimensions||Minimum dimensions for this board is six-mm x six-mm and the maximum is 457-millimeter x 610 millimeters|
|Board Thickness||Its board thickness is 0.4 millimeters to five millimeters.|
|Copper Weight||The weight of copper for this board is 0.5 ounces to two ounces.|
|Minimum Tracing||Its minimum traces are three-mil/three-mil.|
|Solder Mask Sides||According to the file.|
|Solder Mask Color||The color for this mask is Green, White, Blue, Black, Red, and Yellow.|
|Silkscreen Sides||According to file|
|Silkscreen Color||Its color is white, black, and yellow.|
|Surface Finish||Electroless nickel/immersion gold (ENIG) – RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
Immersion silver-RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
Immersion tin-RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
Organic Solderability Preservatives-RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
|Minimum Annular Ring||Four mil.|
|Minimum Drilling Hole Diameter||Six mil.|
|Impedance tolerance||±10 percent.|
|Other methods||Gold Fingers, Carbon Oil, Counter sink-holes.|
Applications of High Frequency PCB
- These are some important applications that are described in detail.
- This circuit board is used in different military instruments like firearms and ammunition.
- Use of this board in different weapons increases their safe working.
- We cannot be denied the rule of electronic instruments in medical sciences.
- PCBs are also used in different medical instruments like X-ray, CT-Scan, etc.
- A micrometer, photometer, also consists of this circuit board.
- Industries are another important factor that uses the high frequency printed circuit board.
- This board used in different control devices for monitoring and controlling different machines.
- As we are familiar that there are numerous high temperatures and numerous chemical substances are used in different industries that can damage any other circuit board so high frequency is the best option.
- Electrical drilling machines and electrical press machines are very common to any industry these consist of high frequency printed circuit boards.
- Investors, generators, the solar panels used in industries also comprise of this board.
Advanced Communication Scheme
- This circuit board is very common to use in different advanced communication networks.
- Due to the usage of printed circuit board sound with higher quality can be transmitted to longer distances.
- Example of these instruments is high-frequency amplifiers and filter circuits.
- Radar (radio detection and ranging) also comprises the high-frequency board.
- In marine devices and in aviation industries this board plays a very important role.
- In marine, this board is employed in devices that use for the detection of different objects underwater.
- The radar of the water ship uses this board to detect the direction and an iceberg in the path of the board.
- The detection of other enemy ships can also be done by the radar system.
- Aluminum PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Multilayer PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Rigid PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Flex PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- High Frequency PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Single Sided PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Rigid-Flex PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Double sided PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
so friends that is the complete tutorial on the high frequency if you have any questions about this module ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.