Hello, friends, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, I am going to explain a Rigid PCB. PCB is a circuit board that uses in different engineering projects and electronic devices for circuit production, it stands for the printed circuit board. There are numerous types of this circuitry board, like single-sided, double side, flex PCB, multilayer PCB.
In today’s post, we will have a look at a rigid printed circuit board. This category of a circuit board has very less or no flexibility in its structure as we already know that PCB exists in a single side and double side layout similarly rigid PCB is also available in single-sided and double-sided design. So let’s get started with a rigid PCB.
- The rigid printed circuit board is not easy to reshape and bend due to hard and solid structure.
- After its construction, it can reshape its design and during its construction its shape designed properly after that it shape cannot be varied.
- For its hard and inflexibility during its construction, a stiffener FR4 (FR stands for flame retardant) is used that increases its rigidity.
- The substrate of this board is hard and has high rigidity on this board there are numerous paths of copper are designed for the connection of different components.
- The best example of this type of printed circuit board is motherboard of your personal computer constructed by the rigid PCB.
- If you compare the price of a rigid circuit board and flexible board than the price of the rigid board is less. It is the conventional category of printed circuit boards that mostly used in numerous electronic devices.
Construction of Rigid PCB
- There are some parts of this PCB that are assembled during its construction by making a specific shape. All these parts and layers of this board are described here with detailed.
- There are main four layers exist in the structure of rigid PCB thta are listed here.
- Copper Metallic Layer
- Solder Mask Layer
- Silkscreen layer
- The bottom layer of the rigid layer is the substrate layer over which other layers reside it is created through the use of FR4.
- Above the substrate that is created through FR4 second layer of copper, the material is placed. Copper layer generally employed on both sides according to projects arrangements and configuration over which it used,
- To protect the copper layer there is the third layer of solder mask is placed on it.
- Fourth one and the last one is the silkscreen that used to make symbolic representation of different components that used to make proejct.
Advantage of Rigid PCB
- These are some advantages of printed circuit boards that are described here.
- Its price is less than the flexible printed circuit board.
- Its lifetime is larger than the flexible board.
- It provides higher quality and density.
- It mostly used in different electronic instruments like mobile phones and computers.
- Its demand and supply are also higher.
Applications of Rigid PCB
- These are some practical applications of this printed circuit board that are described here.
- It used in laptops and computer motherboards.
- Your cell phones, tablets, and some other portable devices are consist of rigid PCB.
- Different file servers and data storage devices also consist of rigid PCB.
- Transmission and receiving circuitry, mobile phone signal repeaters and GPS (Global Positioning System) also use this circuit board.
- It also used in different industrial devices.
- With the uses of electrical and electronic instruments, it also used in different medical devices like testing, x-ray machines, pacemaker, CT scan machine.
- This module also employed different atomic and nuclear systems.
- It also used in automobiles.
- In some complicated circuits, it also used.
- Aluminum PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Multilayer PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Rigid PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Flex PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- High Frequency PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Single Sided PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Rigid-Flex PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Double sided PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
That is the detailed post on the rigid PCB I have mentioned each and everything related to this PCB board if you have any question about this board ask in comments. Thanks for reading. See you in the next tutorial.