Hello guys, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Encryption and Decryption. In a communication system to provide security to the communication over the completer network, two methods are used first is encryption and the second one is decryption. The basic difference between them is that in encryption original information or data is transformed into the other coded form or meaningless form. While in decryption is a process through which coded or changed information is transformed into an original form or readable form.
The terms encryption and decryption originated from the cryptology that belongs to the security system of the network. The term cryptology is created with 2 different words cryptography and cryptanalysis. Cryptography is processed through real information transformed into an unreadable form and in cryptanalysis, the transformed information is again converted into the original form of data. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both encryption and decryption and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with the Difference Between Encryption and Decryption.
Difference Between Encryption and Decryption
- Encryption is a procedure that is used to encode the data transmitted.
- It is used to convert the real data to other forms tha is called plaintext.
- It is used to protect data from being lost due to someone.
- It is certain to do encryption through different method using.
- It uses in military applications for the protection of data transmission.
- It is employed to protect digital information and a different system of information
- It is also employed for civilian purposes.
- IT is used in telecommunication systems to transmit data to users
- Only authorized persons can get to encrypted data
- The process which used to transform original communicated information into a non-real form so any hacker can not get access to the data.
- When data is transferred between two devices it is automatically encrypted with the use of a secret key.
- The encryption process occurs at the information sender side.
- An example of this process is sending of data between employees and managers in the office.
- This process is used to transform coded or transformed information back into the original form.
- During this process, the receiver permits us to transform data from a non-readable form to an original form.
- The process occurs at the receiver side.
- The encrypted data again transferred to its original form is called decryption
- The transformation of information is either automatic or manual.
What is Encryption
- The process through which original information is transferred to other non-readable forms to provide security from lost information.
- It is fact in every transmission of information it is to be taken into consideration that transmitted information should be secure properly. Either wise it is a chance of losing the information.
- Due to this at sending side real information is transferred into the coded form.
- This process does not disturb the original signal transmitted but provides protection from hacking.
- If someone tries to get access to the signal transmitted he will not be able to get access due to transformed information.
What is Decryption
- The process through which transformed data is again converted into the original information is called decryption.
- The decryption process occurs at a longer distance where data belongs.
- When a signal is transmitted to the receiver after the encryption process receiver gets this information and transformed into its original form.
Comparison between Encryption and Decryption
- The phenomena through which real information is transformed into the coded or ciphertext. But in decryption ciphertext again transform into an original form or plain text.
- Encryption occurs at the sender’s side while decryption at the receiver’s side.
- The data which is encrypted or after encryption process information called ciphertext. While when data is again converted into the original form called plain text.
- Encryption is an automatic process while decryption is automatic as well manual.
Encryption vs Decryption
|It is the process of converting plain text in a coded format to protect the data||it is a process used to convert encrypted data again in original text form|
|it uses an encryption algorithm to transform data into secret code||It applies to the decryption algorithm to reverse encryption and receive real data.|
|Generally need a secret key to encrypt and decrypt data||It also needs a secret key to decrypt data|
|It stops unauthorized access to data by making it unreadable||It enables authorized access to data by converting it into a readable form|
|it can be employed to protect sensitive data like passwords, credit card info, and other personal information||It is used to retrieve encrypted data for legitimate purposes like accessing protected files.|
|it is not compulsory to guarantee data integrity or data availability||it does not affect data integrity|
|There are differnt algorithms used likeAES, RSA, and Blowfish.||It can be implemented through use of RSA, AES, and Twofish algorithms|
|it can be done in different types like symmetric encryption, asymmetric encryption, and hashing.||it can be done in many types like asymmetric decryption, symmetric decryption, and brute force decryption.|
|it has many applications to secure communication, data protection system, and digital signature.||It is used for access control, data recovery, , and legal investigations.|
|It transforms a plain text message into an encrypted message that only read by the receiver||It converts the encrypted message into a plain text message that can be read and accessed by the receiver|
|it is a one-way process tha can not be reversed without the use of a proper decryption key.||itis Is a reversible process that can be undone through the use of an accurate decryption key.|
|it can be employed for both online and offline encryption of data.||it can also be employed for offline and online decryption of data.|
|not make sure of data authenticity or non-repudiation.||it does not affect data authenticity or non-repudiation.|
|it comes with a layer of protection against data breaches and cyber-attacks.||it helps to recover encrypted data after a data breach or cyber-attack.|
|The encryption key must be confidential to avoid unauthorized access to data.||The decryption key must be confidential to avoid unauthorized access to data.|
|it can be employed to encrypt data at rest or data in motion.||it can be employed to decrypt data at rest or data in motion.|
|It is used for information hiding in plain sight.||It is used to reveal hidden information.|
|it is used to prevent data loss due to theft, loss, or accidental deletion.||it is used for recovering data lost due to theft, loss, or accidental deletion.|
|It converts data in unreadable form tha cannot be understood through anyone without use of key||It converts encrypted data back in the real form|
|It is used for securing data on personal devices cloud storage, and network communication.||It can be used to access secured data on devices cloud storage, and network communication.|
That is a detailed post about the difference between encryption and decryption if you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.