Hello guys, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Encryption and Decryption. In a communication system to provide security to the communication over the completer network, two methods are used first is encryption and the second one is decryption. The basic difference between them is that in encryption original information or data is transformed into the other coded form or meaningless form. While in decryption is a process through which coded or changed information transformed into an original form or readable form.
The both terms encryption and decryption are originated from the cryptology that belongs to the security system of the network. The term cryptology is created with 2 different words cryptography and cryptanalysis. Cryptography is process through real information transformed into the unreadable form and in cryptanalysis, the transformed information again converted into the original form of data. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both encryption and decryption compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Encryption and Decryption.
Difference Between Encryption and Decryption
- Encryption is a procedure that use to encod the data transmitted.
- It used to covnert the real data to other form tha called plaintext.
- It used to protect data from being lost due to someone.
- It is certain to do encryption through diffent method using.
- It uses in military applications for the protection of data transmission.
- It employed to protect digital information and a different system of information
- It also employed for civilian purposes.
- IT used in telecommunication system to transmit data of users
- Only authorized person can get to encrypted data
- The process which used to transform original communicated information into a non-real form so any hacker can not get access to the data.
- When data is transferred among two devices it automatically encrypted with the use of a secret key.
- The encryption process occurs at the information sender side.
- An example of this process is sending of data between employees and managers in the office.
- This process is used to transform coded or transformed information back into the original form.
- During this process, the receiver permits us to transform data from a non-readable form to an original form.
- The process occurs at the receiver side.
- The encrypted data again transferred to original form is called decryption
- The transformation of information is either automatic or manual.
What is Encryption
- The process through which original information is transferred to other non-readable forms to provide security from lost information.
- It is fact in every transmission of information it is to be taken into consideration that transmitted information should be secure properly. Either wise it is the chance of lost the information.
- Due to this at sending side real information is transferred into the coded form.
- This process does not disturb the original signal transmitted but provides protection from hacking.
- If someone tries to get access to the signal transmitted he will not be able to get access due to transformed information.
What is Decryption
- The process through which transformed data again converted into the original information is called decryption.
- The decryption process occurs at a longer distance where data belongs.
- When a signal is transmitted to the receiver after the encryption process receiver get this information and transformed into original form.
Comparison between Encryption and Decryption
- The phenomena through which real information is transformed into the coded or ciphertext. But in decryption ciphertext again transform into an original form or plain text.
- Encryption occurs at the sender’s side while decryption at the receiver side.
- The data which is encrypted or after encryption process information called ciphertext. While when data again converted into the original form called plain text.
- Encryption is an automatic process while decryption is automatic as well manual.
That is a detailed post about the difference between encryption and decryption if you have any queries ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.