Hello, readers welcome to the new post. We will discuss Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee. Bluetooth is a wireless communication protocol used by different devices to exchange data. It uses less power to operate for small distances and also uses less power. While Zigbee is a certain group of wireless operated devices and it was created to transmit the data through use of fewer power devices.
Here we will give an overview of different points to learn the main differences of Bluetooth and Zigbee. So let’s get started Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee.
Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee
What is Bluetooth
- Bluetooth is compatible to the IEEE802.15.1 standard that is used to make wireless communication through the use of radio signals.
- It was first time used in 1994 as other option of RS232 connections.
- It has the ability to operate larger numbers of devices and make a personal communication system by using 2.5 gigahertz frequency spectrum.
- The type of operating device and its functional range. In different devices such as MP3 players, computer mobiles Bluetooth is used
- Bluetooth offers the services such as file pushing, the transmission of voice, and serial line communication.
- The topology used in Bluetooth is scattered ad hoc. That defines the piconet that is small size cell comprised of set of devices attached in ad hoc configuration.
- This protocol also makes sure the privacy of data. It uses 128-bit random configuration with 48 MAC addresses and 2 keys
- It uses less power for signal transmission so called as efficiency.
- Its applications is very simple and there is no need for any certain tool to operate it.
- It is commonly used in different devices like phones and tablets
- Its main benefit is that data transmission is done without the use of any cable. Files can be transmitted without the use of wire
- Its data rates are low usesly a twenty-five Mbps rate of data transmission.
- Its range is about one hundred meters which are less.
- As it has secure features but data can be accessed by unknown persons.
- It also have reliability issues due to different profiles, drivers, and versions
What is Zigbee
- Zigbee is world level wireless protocol used for personal area systems with the use of radio signals.
- It uses IEEE 802.15.4 features to make the system have less data transmission rates with a secure system
- Its common applications are buildings HVAC and in the operation of medical instruments.
- Zigbee is easy to use and less costly than Bluetooth. Its wireless nature makes it less expensive and effective,
- It consists of a mesh network that permits good reliable featues and a certain range.
- Its main features to make secure communication system is qualities of Zigbee.
Bluetooth vs Zigbee
- Bluetooth operating frequency is about 2.4 gigahertz to 2.483 gigahertz and for Zigbee is 2.4gigia hertz
- Bluetooth operating distance is a hundred meters data transmission speed is 250 Mbps and zigbee can send data to seventy meters with one Mbps
- Bluetooth has seventy nie radio frequency channnels and Zigbee has sixteen rf-channel
- GFSK is used by Bluetooth and Zigbee uses GFSK, BPSK
- There is an eight-node cell used in Bluetooth and sixty-five thousand for Zigbee.
- Les bandwidth uses for Bluetooth and Zigbee has larger than Bluetooth
- Bluetooth is compatible to IEEE 802.15.1 and Zigbee uses IEEE 802.15.4
- Bluettoh can cahger again but zigbee not.
- The time for connection for Bluetooth is three seconds and for ZigBee is thirty ms
- Bluetooth protocol stack is about 250 kB and Zigbee has 28KB
That is all about the Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee all details has explained if you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day