Hello, readers welcome to the new post. We will discuss Difference between GSM and CDMA. Mobile phones are currently used all over the world and increasing with the passage of time. Different systems are based on cellular communication GSM and CDMA are two commonly used. These two technologies are used for the conversion of data from mobile to radio waves.
The basic difference between these two systems is that a SIM card is used in GSM for mobile connection to network and CDMA does not need a sim. Here we will also more parameters to find the differences. So let’s get started Difference between GSM and CDMA.
Difference between GSM and CDMA
- The GSM stands for global system for mobile communication which is a digital mobile communication protocol that is used for the transmission of data through a network.
- It is also called 2nd generation standard for cellular communication and used a wedge spectrum for operation
- There is the use of TDMA and FDMA to separate the users and cells as well as transmitted signals.
- GSM also helps to introduce different services like GPRS, and UMTS EDGE.
- It uses three frequencies for an operation that are 900 megahertz, eighteen hundred megahertz, and 1900 megahertz
- The frequency value 900 MHZ i used by the GSM and 1800 MHZ was used to offer the increment in the users. Wule 1900 band is used in the USA
- Its main benefit is that users can get the benefit of SMS services through which users can communicate through text messages
Advantage of GSM
- High-quality of signal and data transmission is used in GSM
- It enhances the efficiency of the spectrum
- It also offers less expensive mobiles and BS
What is CDMA
- The full form of CDMA is code division multiple access that is used for radio-based communication system
- It comes into existence for 2g and 3g for wireless communication protocol
- It is configured on the spread spectrum technology and used a high value of bandwidth.
- The use of a spread spectrum helps users to make communication through the use of the complete frequency spectrum at any instant
- It has secure data transmission due to the spread spectrum features
- It is also employed in UGH having high-frequency ranges of about eight hundred to 1900 MHz
- It is used all over the world since has compatible to another cellular network
- It helps to make flexible use of features
- It does not have any limit for customers
- It has a certain value in the frequency spectrum
GSM vs CDMA
- GSM stands for global system for mobile communication and CDMA code division multiple access
- GSM uses FDMA and TDMA technologies
- GSM is used in all over the world and CDMA for some countries
- GSM has 42 MBps data rates and CDMA hs 3.6 MBPS
- GSM has the ability to send data and voice at the same time while CDMA not has these features
- Data stored in SIM card for GSM and in case of CDMA data stores in phone
- There is no built encryption exists in GSM but CDMA has
- GSM is less secure while CDMA is secure
- GSM supported the world wide raming and CDMA has limited
- GSM needs a sim and CDMA not needed
- If sim not working on phones we change the phone for GSM while for CDMA we have to change phone if CDMA does not work
Which is better: CDMA or GSM?
- Through GSM data and audio-called calls can be done at the same time but not for CDMA. So it makes a useful GSM.
- GSM and CDMA used for 2G and 3G services
- With the advancement of the 4th generation users uses the LTE that is standrd for 4g networks.
That is all about the Difference between GSM and CDMA all details has explained if you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading