Hello, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have a look at the Difference Between DL2032 and CR2032 Batteries. If you need to change the battery in small-size devices such as remote-control calculators you can use these two batteries CR2032 and DL2032 batteries. These two batteries look similar but come with some differences. Different we will cover in this post. So let’s get started difference between DL2032 and CR2032 batteries.
What Are CR2032 and DL2032 Batteries?
- First of all, we must have their overview. The CR2032 and DL2032 batteries are lithium button cell batteries. These are small in size and circular in shape with twenty mm diameter and 3.2 mm thickness. They are mostly used in watches, remote controls, small electronic projects, and calculators
Features of DL2032
|Capacity||Less than CR2032|
|Cost||larger than CR2032|
|High-Drain Applications||Not used|
Features of CR2032
|Capacity||Less than DL2032|
|Cathode||Manganese Dioxide Lithium|
|Cost||higher than DL2032|
Chemistry Behind CR2032 and DL2032 Batteries
- The main difference between them is their chemical behavior. The CR2032 is made of a manganese dioxide cathode, and the DL2032 with carbon monofluoride cathode.
- Their cathode material difference affects their working. DL2032 batteries have a higher shelf life and are used in low-drain applications like remote controls.
- CR2032 batteries are used in cameras and flashlights that are high-drain projects
Voltage and Capacity
- They have the same volts which are three volts but their capacity is different
- DL2032 batteries have less capacity than CR2032 batteries. So its energy is less but DL2032 batteries are good for low-drain applications since their low capacity does not have any effect
- The thickness of CR2032 is three mm and the thickness of Cr2032 is 3.3 That means the DL2032 battery is thinner structured than the CR2032
- Thickness differences make their effect in uses for differnt devices like the device that works with a CR2032 battery will not operate with a DL2032 battery.
- . DL2032 battery expensive than CR2032. The cost difference not high affect on their performance has more importance
Choosing Between DL2032 and CR2032 Batteries
- For selecting any battery between these two consider these parameters. If anyone works for low-drain devices then DL2032 is good for them since it provides a longer shelf life.
- For cameras that are high-drain devices, CR2032 battery used
dl2032 vs cr2032
- dl2032 battery vs cr2032 are both lithium button cell batteries that used in electronic devices
- Cathode chemistry is the main difference. CR2032 is made with manganese dioxide and others with carbon monofluoride cathode.
- DL2032 batteries have a longer shelf life than CR2032s.
- Both operate on three volts.
- DL2032 is thin structured and it i expensive than CR203.
Difference between cr2032 and dl2032
|Cathode||Lithium/Manganese Dioxide||Lithium Manganese Dioxide|
|Voltage value||three volts||three volts|
|Capacity||225 mAh||225 mAh|
|Weight||4.5 grams||3.1 grams|
|Min Operating Temperature||– 20 centigrade||– 30 centigrade|
|Max Operating Temperature||+60 centigrade||+60 centigrade|
|Continuous Drain Current||0.19 milliampers||0.19 millimpaers|
Limitations of DL2032
Limitation Description Less capacity DL2032 battery has less capacity than the CR2032 battery, High cost more costly than the CR2032 battery. Not as widely available it can not be as widely available as the CR2032 battery, according to area. Not rechargeable it used only once time and has no rechargeable
Limitations of CR2032
|Non-rechargeable||They are also not rechargeable|
|Low current||These batteries are not used for high-current applications.|
|Size||it is small in size which can make it difficult to insert or remove from some devices.|
|Cost||CR2032 batteries are expensive than other types of batteries, like alkaline batteries.|
Advantages of DL2032 Battery
|High voltage||The DL2032 battery has a higher voltage than the CR2032 battery,|
|Thinner||it is thinner than the CR2032 battery, best for devices where space is limited.|
|More durable||The DL2032 battery durable than the CR2032 battery, making it good for devices that works in harsh conditions.|
Advantages of CR2032
Long lifespan: it can work for three to five years. since less self-discharge rate than lithium batteries, which means that they lose very less their charge over time.
Easy available: They can easily get from any electronic retailer. So the best to use
Small and lightweight: Their weight is less and small size making them good for devices where space is limited. They are also easy to connect and remove from devices.
Non-rechargeable: They are not rechargeable after discharging must change
Reliable and durable: They are reliable and durable, making them best for devices that are used in harsh environments or that need fewer battery changes.
dl2032 vs cr battery
- DL and CR batteries are part of lithium button cell batteries and are employed in small electronic devices. Also, these batteries can look the same they have many differences
- The chemistry of the cathode is the main difference between DL and CR batteries. DL batteries are made of carbon monofluoride cathode and CR batteries with manganese dioxide cathode. DL batteries offer a higher operating life. chemistry difference has an effect on the operation of the battery
- The nominal voltage of these batteries is 3V, however, their capacities are different. Compared to CR batteries, DL batteries have less capacity,
- These two batteries are also physically different from one another. For example, DL has 3 thicknesses, and CR has a battery’s 3.2mm thickness, making it somewhat thin.
- DL batteries are high costly than CR cells, although the cost difference is not very high effects.
- The individual needs devices must be considered during selecting between DL and CR batteries. We can not use a DL battery for device that are operated by a CR battery
Is dl2032 same as cr2032
- These are the same in term of types of battery that belongs to lithium button cell batteries but not completely the same. DL2032 materials are carbon monofluoride cathode and Cr2032 is made of manganese dioxide cathode. Their operating volts are the same but their size and capacity are different.
DL2032 vs cr2032
Here some details for cr2032 vs Dl2032 are explained
|Size||20.0 x 2.5 x 0.9 millimeter||20.0 x 2.5 x 1.1 millimter|
|Capacity||240 mAh||220 mAh|
|Lifespan||three to five years||two to three years|
Devices that use CR2032 and DL2032
|Devices||CR2032 Battery||DL2032 Battery|
|Heart Rate Monitors||Yes||Yes|
|Garage Door Openers||Yes||Yes|
|Small Electronic Toys||Yes||Yes|
|Electronic Car Keys||Yes||Yes|
|Digital Cameras (Backup Battery)||Yes||Yes|
|Car Key Fobs||Yes||Yes|
What should I consider when buying CR2032 and DL2032 batteries?
|Devices||Ensure that the battery has compatible with teh devices for which it is used.|
|Battery size||CR2032 and DL2032 batteries are both 3-volt lithium coin cell batteries, but their sizes are different. So must check the size of the battery is according to your device’s requirements|
|capacity of the battery||The capacity of a battery is measured in milliamp-hours (mAh). High-capacity work for a longer duration. High power battery must be used for devices that need high cacpity|
|shelf life||The shelf life of a battery is the working life of the battery to complete discharge. CR2032 and DL2032 batteries work for 3 to 5 years.|
|cost||CR2032 and DL2032 batteries are about around one to two dollars. Cost can be differnt based on brand and the capacity of the battery.|
are the cr2032 and 2032 batteries are same
- Yes, they are the same CR CR2032 stands for Lithium Manganese Dioxide which is cathode chemistry employed in the battery.
- The “2032 is the physical structure of the battery which has a 20-millimeter diameter and 3.2mm thickness. Sometimes, the “CR” is not written but just use the “2032” battery.
What happens if we replace CR2032 and DL2032?
- If we replaced the CR2032 battery with a DL2032 battery there would be some difference in the working of the battery due to their cacpity difference and cathode
- In normal conditions, DL2032 will not work longer than CR2032 in high-drain projects since it has less capacity.
- If we replace the DL2032 battery with CR2032 in low-drain projects CR2032 will operate for a longer time inteal than DL2032 since it has high capacity.
DL2032 and CR2032 Batteries limitations
|DL2032||Lower capacity than CR2032; cannot work longer duration in high-drain applications|
|CR2032||Higher cost than DL2032; not easy to access in some locations|
Is Duracell DL2032 rechargeable?
- No, Duracell DL2032 is not a rechargeable battery. It is a non-rechargeable lithium coin cell battery.
What does CR stand for on batteries?
- the “CR” full form is manganese dioxide lithium chemistry. It is a code used to define the chemistry and battery features. The C stands for cylindrical cell form, while the R stands for the battery’s round shape.
What are 3-volt lithium batteries used for?
- 3-volt lithium batteries, like CR2032 and CR2025, are used in different types of small electronic devices that need a reliable power source. Some main applications are
- Watches: Wristwatches use three-volt lithium batteries
- Calculators: Scientific calculators and electronic calculating devices also use these lithium batteries for their power needs.
- Memory Backup: computer motherboards, use 3-volt lithium batteries to provide backup power to sustain memory when the primary power is disconnected.
- Key Fobs: Remote keyless entry systems for cars also use them
- What is the difference between CR2032 vs DL2032 batteries?
- There is no specific difference between CR2032 vs DL2032 batteries. They have three votls with 20mm diameter and 3.2 mm height. The main difference is their manufacturers. Cr2032 is the general definition for this type of battery, and DL2032 is a Duracell brand.
- 2. Can I use a CR2032 battery in place of a DL2032 battery?
- Yes, a CR2032 battery can be used in place of a DL2032 battery. These two have similar sizes and voltage so can be employed in the same devices.
- 3. What devices use CR2032 or DL2032 batteries?
- Remote controls
- Car key fobs
- Electronic toys
- Hearing aids
- How long do CR2032 or DL2032 batteries last?
Normally they work for three to five years but are mostly used based on the device that using it
5. How do I know when a CR2032 or DL2032 battery is dead?
- The device is not working
- Not properly function the device but it functions intermittently.
- The device holds charge for power on
- How do I dispose of CR2032 or DL2032 batteries?
- These two are hazardous waste, so not through them in the trash. In place of it, they can be disposed of at hazardous waste collection sites.
- 7. What is the voltage of a CR2032 or DL2032 battery?
- CR2032 and DL2032 batteries have three volts.
8. What is the capacity of a CR2032 or DL2032 battery?
- The capacity of a CR2032 or DL2032 battery will change based on the manufacturer. Though, most battery capacity is 220 to 240mAh.
- 9. What is the shelf life of a CR2032 or DL2032 battery?
The operating life of the CR2032 or DL2032 battery is 5 to seven years. However, the shelf life will be vary based on storage conditions.
10. What are some tips for extending the life of a CR2032 or DL2032 battery?:
- Store the battery in dry and cool places
- Save battery from short circuit
- Do not use batteries in high temperatures.
- Remove the battery from devices that are not in use
Can I use a DL2032 battery in place of a CR2032 battery?
Yes, the DL2032 battery can be used for a CR2032 battery since They can be interchangeable.
What are the advantages of using a DL2032 battery?
DL2032 battery has a larger operating life than a CR2032 battery. it is the DL2032 battery uses a carbon monofluoride cathode, which is more stable than the manganese dioxide cathode used in CR2032 batteries.
What are the disadvantages of using a DL2032 battery?
The disadvantage of using a DL2032 battery is its higher cost than a CR2032 battery. With that, the DL2032 battery is not as easily obtained as the CR2032 battery.
How long do DL2032 and CR2032 batteries last?
They can work for three to five-year
How do I know if my battery is dead?
check the voltage of the battery with a multimeter. The second method is to see if the device that the battery is working or not
What are the safety precautions for handling DL2032 and CR2032 batteries?
- Save battery from short-circuit
- Do not dispose of the battery in a fire.
- Keep battery away from children.
What are the environmental impacts of DL2032 and CR2032 batteries?
DL2032 and CR2032 batteries have hazardous materials, like lithium and mercury. These materials can affect the environment if they are not disposed of correctly. So recycle them whenever possible.