Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between AC & DC Bridge. The main difference between AC and DC bridge circuits is that the AC bridge used to find the value of the unknown impedance of circuitry and DC bridge circuit is used to find the value of the unknown resistance of a circuit.
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both ac and dc bridges with the details and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between AC & DC Bridge.
Difference Between AC & DC Bridge
- The circuitry that used to find the value of unknown impedance of any circuitry is called AC bridge.
- It given that AC supply as input.
- It is alternating the current detecting circuit.
- It is the analog circuit of the whetstone bridge.
- It has 4 limbs with that balance detector and power supply configuration.
- It used to solve different problems in communication systems and complicated circuits can be solved through this.
- It used for shifting phases circuits and measure the value of frequency.
- The components of this circuitry are resistive and reactive.
- It uses Wagner’s Earthing device.
- There are 2 types of ac bridge circuits.
- The balancing time required for this circuitry is less.
- The value of inductance capacitance can be found through this circuitry.
- In case of calculation of less value frequency, the supply line is the source of the bridge.
- The DC bridge used to find the value of unknown resistance.
- It used a dc power supply as input.
- It consists of four limbs with a power source and galvanometer.
- The value of current relies on the potential of the meter.
- It has a balanced structure when no current about the meter
- It is dc current detector module.
- Kelvin bridge is example of dc bridge
- It used resistance in the circuitry.
- It does not use Wagner’s Earthing device.
- There are 7 types of dc bridge circuits.
- Its balancing time is high.
That is a detailed post about the difference between ac bridge and dc bridge. If you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.