Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between AC & DC Bridge. The main difference between AC and DC bridge circuits is that the AC bridge used to find the value of the unknown impedance of circuitry and DC bridge circuit is used to find the value of the unknown resistance of a circuit.
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both ac and dc bridges with the details and compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between AC & DC Bridge.
Difference Between AC & DC Bridge
- The circuitry that used to find the value of unknown impedance of any circuitry is called AC bridge.
- It given that AC supply as input.
- It is alternating the current detecting circuit.
- It is the analog circuit of the whetstone bridge.
- It has 4 limbs with a balanced detector and power supply configuration.
- It is used to solve different problems in communication systems and complicated circuits can be solved through this.
- It is used for shifting phase circuits and measuring the value of frequency.
- The components of this circuitry are resistive and reactive.
- It uses Wagner’s Earthing device.
- There are 2 types of ac bridge circuits.
- The balancing time required for this circuitry is less.
- The value of inductance capacitance can be found through this circuitry.
- In case of calculation of less value frequency, the supply line is the source of the bridge.
- The DC bridge used to find the value of unknown resistance.
- It used a dc power supply as input.
- It consists of four limbs with a power source and galvanometer.
- The value of the current relies on the potential of the meter.
- It has a balanced structure when no current about the meter
- It is dc current detector module.
- Kelvin bridge is an example of dc bridge
- It used resistance in the circuitry.
- It does not use Wagner’s Earthing device.
- There are 7 types of dc bridge circuits.
- Its balancing time is high.
AC Beidge Vs DC Bridge
- The bridge circuit that is used to measure the unknown impedance of any circuit is called the Wheatstone bridge. So this DC bridge that used to measure the unknown component resistance in the circuit
- AC supply is used for the AC bridge and the DC bridge uses dc supply to measure the resistance
- For the current detector, ac detector is used in ac bridge and dc detector is used in the dc bridge
- The resistive and reactive elements are used in ac bridge and for the dc bridge only resistive components used
- There is Wagner earth used for the elimination of earth capacitance in the circuit with that also reduces the harmonics and faults existing due to the magnetic field. While for DC bridge Wagner earthing is not used
- AC bridge needs less time and dc bridge needs more time for balancing.
- Common types of AC bridges are that are
- Hay’s bridge,
- Anderson Bridge,
- Schering bridge,
- Wein bridge.
- capacitance comparison bridge
- inductance comparison bridge
- Maxwell’s bridge,
That is a detailed post about the difference between ac bridge and dc bridge. If you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.