Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at Full Form of WWW. The full form of WWW is world wide web in 1989 Tim Berners Lee scientist of the United Kingdom first created the WWW while working at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research). At the start, he created the WWW for sending and receiving information about the results of different experiments to other scientists all around the world. At that time the internet existed but no one knows how to use it for sharing and receiving of files. Tim worked on HTML (hypertext mark up language), URL (Uniform Resource locator), and HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) help the computer to understand each other communication.
The need for world wide web was to make an easy understanding of the new computer technology, and information networks. Tim Berner Lee stated work in 1989 wrote a proposal for the World Wide Web. After the first proposal in 1990, he again wrote a proposal for World Wide Web.
In March 1989, Tim Berners-Lee took the initiative towards the invention of WWW and wrote the first proposal for the World Wide Web. Later, he wrote another proposal in May 1990. In November 1990 Robert Cailliau and Tim make a management proposal for WWW. This proposal had final points and different terms about the world wide web. In this tutorial, we will have a detailed look at its working, applications and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with the Full Form of WWW.
Full Form of WWW
- The word WWW stands for World Wide Web it is also defined as Web. It is a combination of websites assembled on different web servers and attached to the computers via the internet.
- On these sites, different data and information is exited in the form of text, pictures, videos, audio, etc.
- Any person can get all these pieces of information all over the world through the internet using their laptops, computers, and other devices.
- The Internet World, Wide Web allows the recovery and display of written data and audio, and video to your electronic device.
- The main core of WWW is website pages whose format is HTML (hypertext markup language) and these sites are interlinked through hyperlinks.
- Such links are connected electronically and related information is connected by these links we can get any information through these links.
- The feature of Hypertext is that it stores a word from the information so to get other website pages that also have information related to that specific word.
- All website pages have their specific address on the internet that address known as URL (Uniform Resource Locator).
- The combination of all pages that belong to a single uniform resource locator is known as website, such as www.theengineeringknowledge.com.
- Thus the WWW is like a large-sized electronic book whose pages (websites) are saved on different servers all over the world.
- All famous and larger website uses more than one server to store their pages while new or less popular websites normally use only a single server.
- The use of more than one server makes it easy for a user to easily access information with speed.
- Thus www offers a communication platform for users to save and interchange different data through the internet.
- Different from books, where we read one page after another in a sequence on WWW we use hyperlinks of visit website pages after other pages.
www meaning in computer
In computer science, the World Wide Web is interlinked comments that can be used with the internet. Hypertext is the text that comes with links of different is a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the Internet.
Difference between Internet and WWW
- These are some differences between the internet and WWW.
|The full form of the internet is an Interconnected Network.||The full form of WWW is the world wide web.|
|The Internet is a network of computers, mobiles, and laptops.||While WWW is information that we read on the internet.|
|It connects different computers all over the world for data sharing.||It is shared information through the internet.|
|Data shared through the internet in the form of different languages called Protocol||While WWW uses HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) protocol for the transfer of data.|
|Internet does not use any web browser but it is a building block of WWW.||It uses different browsers for data sharing such as internet explorer, etc.|
|There is no specified creator of the internet.||It was created by Tim Berner lee.|
Working of WWW
- The working of the world wide web is shown in the given below figure. In the figure, you can see the main server is connected with different computers through the Internet.
- When any user searches any information on the internet the server sends specific information to the user’s computer.
- The server is software that provides website pages searched by the user on any browser.
- The user of the computer who searches for any data or asks a web server for any information is known as a client.
- Users can get related information through the browser installed on their computer.
- The main purpose of the web server is to store all websites. A web server is like a house taken for rent similarly server has web pages of different websites and user access to these pages.
- Fo storing different pages website owner has to pay some specified amount to the server owner on a monthly or annual basis.
- When you open your installed browser on a computer and enter any universal resource locator (URL) in the search bar the time worldwide web starts operation.
- During searching for something on the internet three main technologies are used to get data from the server of a website to the computer of the user.
- These 3 technologies are HTML, HTTP, and web browsers. Let’s discuss all these one by one.
Features of www
- Hypertext: It links to other documents help USS to move to different documents on the web
- Cross-platform: We can get access to www through differnt devices such as mobile phones, tablets, etc. Since it global platform that helps to communicate all over the world
- Distributed: it is a distributed network not hosed on just servers but spread all over the world on networks of serves.
- Open standards: it configured don’t eh open standards like CSS, HTML, or HTTP. So we can make any type service and software that operates on the web
- Open source: WWW is open siruce we can access any time free of cost.
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- The HTML (hypertext markup language) programming language that used to make a website.
- In this language there are different tags are used to describe the structure of different website pages.
- The tags of HTML are for different parameters in pages like headings, tables, bullets, etc.
- Whenever you open any website page you do not see the tags used on that page all these tags are shown only to the admin of that website.
- The main use of HTML on the website is to shown different pictures, text styles, and some other parameters on the website.
- The web browser is also called a browser it is a program that is used to show data of websites such as textual information, photos, video, etc.
- For use of browser, you just install it on your computer and click on its icon on your computer. It will automatically connect with the WWW and you can search for any information by typing the URL on the browser address bar.
- At the creating time browsers were limited for browsing but now they are used for sending are receiving emails, sending different videos and audio files, used for social media such as Facebook, Twiter, etc.
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc are commonly used browsers.
So friends that is the detailed post on Full Form of WWW I have mentioned each and everything related to the full form of www. If you have any further query ask in the comments. See you in the next tutorial. Have a good day. Thanks for reading.