Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Slip Ring & Split Ring.split ring is used in dc machines for conversion ac into dc as ac is generated in the rotor windings of dc machines. While slip rings are used for the transformation of power among stationary and rotatory parts of machines.
Both of these are constructed with copper but their design is different. The slip ring is like the circular ring and carbon brushes are connected with the outer surface of slip rings. In the case of the alternating current motor, the input supply is connected with the carbon brushes that send input current from the slip ring to the rotor of motor. So current transmits fro stationary portion to moveable part. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both slip ring and split ring with the details and find their differences. So let’ get started with Difference Between Slip Ring & Split Ring.
Difference Between Slip Ring & Split Ring
- The slip ring is also named as the rotatory electric component, such as connectors that can move, spinners, or electric rotatory connections.
- This module is employed used in the wound rotor motors which is the category of induction motor, generator, AC networks, packing machines, cable rollers, and in wind generation turbines.
- This element is mostly used for rotary instruments to the transmission of the energy, used in control circuitries, and for analog and digital application which used in fluid dynamin instruments, rotatory beacons
- Slip rings are used in only ac machines like an induction motor, synchronous motor.
- The physical structure of slip ring is similar to the circular ring.
- A slip ring is a technique that makes an electric linkage by rotatory connections.
- It uses to deliver power from the ac generator to the ac motor.
- The split rings are used to convert alternating current into the direct current in dc machines.
- It only used in dc machines,
- It named as commutator
- It uses to provides ac voltage to the dc motor.
- The physical arrangement of the split ring is like the half ring.
- It’s used in dynamos in universal motors.
- They used to give current to the windings of motors. It varies the direction of current to generates torque.
- In generator, they transom ac current to dc since in generator ac emf is produced but our load is dc
- They needed certain time change in brushes since they damage when spark with rings
- Due to this fact, such electric machine normally less used and prefer to use a brushless dc motor
That is a detailed post about the difference between a split ring and slip ring. If you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. have a good day.