Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss the Difference between Induction Motor and Induction Generator. Motor is a device that used to transform electrical energy into mechanical energy. While Generators is a device that are used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. Both of these devices are working on the principle of Faraday law of electromagnetic induction.
Different types of motors are used in industries and homes according to their construction and use and features. Some are dc motors and some as ac motors and generators and perform different functions. In this post, we will discuss the detailed difference between the induction motor and induction generator. So let get started Difference between Induction Motor and Induction Generator
What is Induction Motor
- The AC motor that used the occurrences of the electromagnetic induction to generate the current and flux in the rotor to generate torque is familiar as the induction motor. It is also is recognized as the asynchronous motor.
- Due to the usage of the occurrences of the electromagnetic induction (this phenomenon be contingent on Faraday’s law), there is no electrical joining amongst the rotor circuitry and stator of the motor comparable the transformer.
- There are 2 key kinds of induction motor rendering to the structure of the rotor of the motor, first single is the squirrel cage motor since its rotor construction is similar the squirrel and 2nd wound rotor motor.
- In industries, households or for power group purposes the 3-phase squirrel induction motor is typically cast-off, due to its consistency, less price, and self-stating stuff.
- The induction motor has a Single phaseis castoff for the light load, so it is typically used in houses, like fan motors.
What is Synchronous Speed
- It is the speed of the rotating magnetic field in the stator part of the induction motor.
- Synchronous speed be contingent on the number of poles of motor and frequency of input voltages
- The formula of synchronous speed is:
- In this equation, Ns signifies the synchronous speed fe is frequency and P is poles of induction motor.
- The rotor speed of the induction motor is continually less than the synchronous speed, so the motor continually runs at a speed fewer than the synchronous speed.
- The rotating field in the static share of the motor will cause flux alteration in the rotor which reasons it to move, with a speed fewer than the synchronous speed.
What are the Parts of induction Motor
- There are two chief parts the induction motors first one is the stator which is the stationary portion of the induction motor and supply voltages are provided at those parts.
- The second key part induction motor is the rotor, it is the revolving share of the induction motor.
- Now we discuss these two main parts and some sub-parts of induction motor with the details.
What is Induction Generator
- An AC generator that has working occurrences alike to the induction motors is named an induction generator.
- This generator workings in a motorized way as the speed of revolution of the generator is upper than the synchronous speed.
- A regular induction motor is frequently employed as a generator, without any special altering in its circuitry
- An induction generator is frequently used in hydel power plants, wind energy production, and they have the ability to cut the higher-pressure air to less pressure since they have the aptitude to reestablish power with the coolest way.
- The induction generator has numerous limits. Since it does not have exterior excitation circuitry and it cannot produce reactive energy (Q).
- As this generator usage reactive energy so there must be an outdoor reactive power source that must be linked with it to provide a field at the stator.
- This separate source also controls the output voltage of the generator, this generator does not have the capacity to regulator its terminal voltages.
That is all about the Difference between Induction Motor and Induction Generator. I have explained the detailed overview about these two if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day