Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Active & Reactive Power. active power is that power that is used by any circuitry or we can say that the power that used to generate output. While reactive power is the power losses in the system or wasted power of the circuitry.
In ac power system there are three types of power commonly observed that are apparent power, active power, and reactive power. The apparent power is the power which is given to the system and active or real power is that power which is used by the system and reactive power is the part of apparent power which is lost or dissipated. All these powers are represented in the form of a triangle called the power triangle. Apparent power is denoted with the S, reactive with the Q and active power with the P. in today’s post we will have a detailed look at both reactive and active power of the system compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Active & Reactive Power.
Difference Between Active & Reactive Power
- The power that is used in the circuitry to the generation of output is called active power or real power.
- Its mathematical expression is P=VIcos.
- It measured in watts, KW and MW
- It also called real power
- Wattmeter used to measure this power
- active power can be move-in single direcitton
- It used in the motor heater.
- It employed for alternating and direct current as well
- It is denoted with the P’.
- This power generates heat of the heater, glow the bulb and produces the torque in the motor.
- The value of active power can be measured with the wattmeter.
- Its measurable unit watt.
- The power which does not take part in the output generation or part of apparent power that losses is called reactive power.
- Its mathematical form is Q=VIsin.
- It used in ac circuits
- It helps to make electric and magnetic field
- It exists in transformer, cleaner
- It called useless power.
- Its unit is VAR. KVR MVAR
- It is denoted with the Q.
- It helps to find the value of P.F of circuitry.
- It is measured with the VAR meter.
That all about difference between active and reactive power if you have any query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2