Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between LVDT & RVDT. LVDT transforms the linear motion in the ac electric signal while RVDT transforms the angular motion into the electric signal.
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both LVDT and RVDT with the detailed and find their different parameter to compare them. So let’s get started with the Difference Between LVDT & RVDT.
Difference Between LVDT & RVDT
- The device that changes the linear motion in the electric signal is called LVDT.
- Its full form is Linear Variable Differential Transformer.
- Its core exists in rectangular form.
- Its input voltage is from one volt to two forty volts root mean square.
- It also called differential transformer used to finds the value of linear displacement.
- It is called position transducer offered the infinity cyle life.
- It operating temperature range is twelve hundred Fahrenheit
- Its operating frequency is fifty to twenty kilohertz
- Its core structure is like rectangle
- work on voltage range of one to twenty volts
- It used in power turbines, aircraft, satellites.
- Their hysteresis value is less and has good repeatability
- Its operating based on electromagnetic connection and no need of physical connection
- The device that used to measure the angular motion by transforming it into the electric signal
- It consists of a rotor that is operated through outer force application.
- Its output is ac which is the result of the angular motion.
- Its operating frequency is from four hertz to twenty kilohertz
- Work on three volts
- Its operation is easy
- Due to linear output can be used for a certain application
- It used in different weapon system
- The full form of RVDT is Rotatory Variable Differential Transformer.
- Its input voltage value is three volts root mean square.
- It works on ac and its primary side gets energized.
- Its operating life is larger
- It shows linear operation when ac is given to it for certain angular motion
- Its main parts are a laminated stator, and a rotor having two poles.
- Its stator has 4 slots used in primary and secondary sides.
- Accuracy is good
- Its price is a less small structure and less sensitivity
- The physical dimension of its core is cam.
- It provides sensitivity two to three millivolts per volt per degree of rotation.
- Its measurable range is Upto the ± forty degrees.
- It uses connectionless coupling so its operation lasts for a longer time interval.
That is a detailed post about Difference Between LVDT & RVDT if you have any queries ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Have a good day