Hello, fellows, I hope all of you are enjoying your life. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at the Full form of WiFi its features, and applications. Full form of wifi is Wireless Fidelity, there are many companies providing this facility and have patents so it does not has any single inventer. First time in Hawaii to interlink different islands with each other wireless system was introduced that use UHF (ultra-high frequency) for communication. The name of this first wireless network was ALOHAnet.
Now we are using wifi in our computer, mobiles, the laptop was based on this first technology used in first time in Hawaii. The real predecessor to 802.11 and Wi-Fi was created by AT&T (American Telephone & Telegraph) Corporation and NCR. That known as WaveLAN. The first version of 802.11 was created and introduced to general use in 1997 and had data transmission speed of two Mbit/s. After that, some changing were made in the second version of 802.11 that had a data transfer speed of eleven Megabit per second and introduced in 1999 and called 802.11b. In today’s post, we will have a look at its working, architecture, applications, and some related parameters. So let’s get started with the Full Form of WiFi.
Full Form of WiFi
- The word WiFi stands for Wireless Fidelity it is a wireless communication technique used in a limited or local area.
- Using this technique data can be transferred from one device other or electronic devices can be linked with the internet.
- This the basic technique of WLAN or wireless local area network. Using this underlying technique computer, mobile, laptops and some other electronic devices can communicate with each other.
- There are numerous standards set by the IEEE 802.11 for wireless communications one of the standards is used by this WiFi technique.
- Wireless fidelity is the symbol of the Wi-Fi coalition (alliance) and works as a brand name for devices using the IEEE 802.11 standards.
- Wireless fidelity of WiFi can be used for numerous electronic components or devices such as your desktop computer, laptops, games, mobile phones, cameras, etc.
- In the twenty meter area, you can use wifi by creating a hotspot. With the benefit, its disadvantage is that it is not a secure way and your data can be lost.
Working of WiFi
- WiFi is a fast and wireless internet network used to the transmission of data. In this wireless technique, there are 3 main components used to full the working of WiFi.
- The first component is a radio signal, second is an antenna for sending and receiving a signal and the third one is the router.
- The first component of the radio network is the main element to run WiFi.
- The computer, laptops, and smartphones are consist of wireless fidelity cards.
- This wireless communication technique playing an important role with the wire grounded communication system.
- The real broadcast is linked with in the order in detail it is accomplished by a technique of stereo scheme surf as well as the value of wires with a monitor to classification prone.
- By using wireless fidelity you can use the internet at any place in a specified area.
- The antenna transmits the radio signal and routers forwards data packets among computer systems.
- This transmitted signal is received by the receiver installed on the wifi compatible devices like mobile, laptop, smartphones, etc.
- All these devices consist of a WiFi card when they detect Wifi signals in the range of a hundred to one fifty immediately connect with the internet connection.
- The distance cover by the WiFi depends on the environmental conditions, place where devices are located.
- The WiFi cards installed on the devices help to make internet connection by reading the signal.
- The linking speed of signal with the device depends on the location of the electronic device if it closer to the source of the signal connects very easily if at some distance then it will take some time to connect.
- In older computers, laptops, and phones there was a need of separate WiFi card but in new computers, laptops and phone WiFi cards are already attached.
- If you are using paid WiFi you will not allow to get access until you will not enter login password that you will get after paying the amount.
- But in free wifi there is no need of a password you can connect your device easily, these free WiFi networks are exits at different public places like shopping malls, offices, airports, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- The protection and secure network for wifi is very important as food is important for our life.
- If there is no protection of wifi anyone can get to access your personal details very easily.
How to make WiFi secure?
- The best option to secure your wifi is make sure your WiFi password and give access to anyone about this password.
- Create strong passwords on your router and keep in mind for next use and tell the password to limited people.
- Thes best way to secure your WiFi is to change password after some days if you make only one password for a long time someone will get it than your network will not be secure.
Types of WI-FI Techniques
- There main 4 types of WiFI are being used that are listed here. Let’s discuss them with the detailed.
- This type of wifi expresses the layout and configuration of radio deliver by the antennas and routers used for the Wi-Fi network.
- This technique was first time introduced in the year of 1999. Like 802.11a this technique is also used for limited area transmission.
- But the difference is that the operating frequency of this wifi technique is less than the 802.11a. It uses 2.4 gigabytes of bandwidth while 802.11a uses five gigabytes bandwidth.
- This category of wifi functioned on the 2.4gigahertz bandwidth and transfer data to the fifty-four megabytes per secondes.
- This technique was commonly used in 2002 and 2003. This technique supports the hardware of the 802.11b.
- After 802.11a and 802.11b this technique provides more features and data transfer rates.
- This technique of wifi first time was introduced in the year of 2007 and officially released in 2009.
- The data transfer through these techniques was high and cover longer distances than the older 802.11g technique.
- The devices support this technique is compatible with the MIMO (multiple in, multiple out) data transformations.
- MIMO can send large numbers of data streams in a single unit. So a range of wireless transmission becomes twice due to this MIMO technique.
- As compared to the 802.11g router the router 802.11n covers the large area. It means the signal transmitted by the router used for the 802.11g can transmit the signal to complete house and router 802.11g can cover only a single room.
Applications of WiFi
- These are some applications of WiFi that are explained here.
- It used all android and smartphones.
- Wifi is very important for all types of business by using the internet many processes of a business are performed.
- It also used in houses to run different instruments and home automation.
- It used on different laptops, computers, and desktops.
- It used to search for data and information of the internet.
- For live video calling the internet is necessary.
Advantages of WiFi
- These are some advantages of WiFi.
- By using wireless internet you can move to your device such as mobile, laptop, etc from one place to another.
- Due to wireless communication save the cost used for the wired internet.
- The structure configuration for the wireless network is easy as compared to a wired network.
- It provides the facility of the hot spots to connect other devices with the internet.
- Easy way to get the internet without wire.
Disadvantages of WiFi
- With the advantages of the internet, there are some drawbacks of wifi are explained here.
- The wifi produced such waves that are not good for human health.
- When the wifi is not in our use we off the connection of wifi from the server.
- The transfer of data to longer distances is limited.
- The installation of WiFi is costly as compared to the wiring system.
So friends that it is the detailed post on the Full Form of WiFi I have mentioned each and every parameter related to wifi. I tried my level best to make this post simple and easy for you. If you still have any query ask in comments. See you in the next interesting tutorial. Thanks for reading.