Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Electromotive Force and Potential Difference. The potential difference and EMF are types of energy. The basic difference between emf and a potential difference is that emf is generated when any other form of energy is transformed in the electrical energy while in potential difference electrical energy is transformed in the other type of energy.
In today’s post we will have a detailed look at both emf and potential difference compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Electromotive Force and Potential Difference.
Difference Between Electromotive Force and Potential Difference
- The energy given to the one coulomb of charge is called EMF.
- its measuring units is volts.
- The instrument that geneats the EMF called a transducer. it is such a device that converts any type of energy in electrical energy.
- In case of having close path created through conductive material then force applied on charges in the path to move on created emf.
- The instruments that have 2 terminals emf value can get from these points
- The electromotive generation devices examples are cell, battery solar, photodiodes.
- Magntic fielld also generats emf.
- Its formula is ε=w/q
- The potential difference is the energy used by the one coulomb of charge to move from one point to another.
- Its formula P.D=work/charge
- Its measuring unit is volt.
- It knew as electric tension the work required to move the charges among two points called the potential difference.
- Work done on per unit charge is called J/C in this equation volts is one joul work done one coloumb charge.
- the potential difference among different terminals can be generated through creation fo charges and magnetic field that is due to charge in motion
- Voltmeter can be used to finds potential differences.
So friends it is a detailed post about the difference between emf and potential difference. If you have any further query ask in the comments. See you in next post have a good day.