Hello, friends welcome to a new post in this post we will have a detailed look at Difference Between Concave and Convex Mirror. Such a surface or plan that has a smooth or shined surface area and when light fall on it will be reflected and creates an image called a mirror. Generally 2 main types of mirrors according to structure first one is spherical and the second one is plane.
Such a mirror has a smooth reflecting portion called a plane mirror while another having a curved reflection portion called a spherical mirror. In this post, we will cover the key difference between concave and convex mirrors with details. In a convex mirror, the reflection area is moved toward the outer side and in a concave mirror, the opposite occurs. so let get started.
Difference Between Concave and Convex Mirror
What is Convex Mirror
- The convex mirror also called curved mirror is a type of mirror that has a reflecting portion bend inward.
- It features is that it reflects the light towards the outer and due to this cause not prefer for light focusing.
- It creates a virtual image since the focus and center of curvature of this mirror are not real points in the mirror.
- So in the results images created by the convex mirror will get at the screen.
- The image created by this mirror is small in size than the object used size of the image can be increased if we move the object towards the mirror.
Use of Convex Mirror
- The very common use of this mirror is a vehicle side mirror.
- It employed in vehicles due to a clear image of vehicles coming.
- It also used in high buildings such as hospitals, hotels, stores, etc.
what is a concave mirror?
- The concave mirror is known as a converging mirror and it has a reflection plane or moved plane. It has a feature to do a reflection of light at a single point called a focal point. They has the ability to do focusing the light. It makes different types of images of objects according to the distance between the mirror and body. Due to the collection of light rays colliding with it called converting mirror nature.
Uses of Concave Mirror
- It used in different types of reflecting telescopes also used to offer images in magnified form during shaving.
- Such applications where light is focused it used like torches, headlamps spotlights.
- It also used for the creation of optic cavities that are very significant for laser creation.
- For making magnified images there is the concave mirror is used in dental mirrors.
So that is detailed about the Difference Between Concave and Convex Mirror. I tried to cover each and every parameter related to these mirrors. If you have any further query ask in the comments.. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.