Hello, friends welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have to discuss Difference between Stepper Motor and Servo Motor. A motor is a device used to transform electrical energy in mechanical energy. The sources of electrical energy linked to the motor are ac system, battery and solar can be. There are different types of motor like ac motor, dc motor, synchronous motor. Similarly, servo and stepper are types of motors.
If we do a comparison between these motor than we will come to know that there is the main differnce between them is there structure and operation. Such applications where there is not use or less use of stepper motor where servomotor is employed. the speed offered by the stepper motor is less than the servo motor. So let’s get started with Difference between Stepper Motor and Servo Motor.
Difference between Stepper Motor and Servo Motor
What is Stepper Motor
- The structure of the stepper motor is that its consists of a rotor that is created through a permanent magnet and a stator that carries windings.
- If we connect the supply to the stator then the flux will generate that will make link to the rotor and due to that force applied at the rotor.
- Stepper motor offered the larger steps up to fifty or more than fifty according to requirements.
- The stepper motor every pole get energized in order so motor operates in sequence.
- The stepper motor offered accurate behaviour at a reasonable cost like less speed good accuracy.
what is Servo Motor
- The structure of the servo motor is like the stepper motor in that it also consists of a rotor created through a permanent magnet and stator having windings.
- The flux generated at the stator make a link to the rotor and apply the force of rotation.
- this motor has small numbers of pols than the stepper motor.
- The structure of the servo motor is sophisticated over the stepper motor. Its operating speed is larger than a stepper motor.
- Due to large speed, it prefferd to use such an application where high torque is needed.
Comparison between Stepper and Servo Motor
- The common use of steppe motor is in medical instruments three-dimensional printing weldings and servo motor employed in cameras, controlling devices.
- Stepper motor generates high torque than servo motor.
- Stepper motor is less efficient and servo motor is high efficient
- steppe motor has poles value from fifty to one fifty servos has four to twelve.
- A Stepper motor produces a high value of heat than a servo.
- The working speed of the servo motor is large than others.
- A Stepper motor is less costly than a servo.
- stepper motor works in a different number of steps while servo motors operate continuously.
That is a detailed post about the Difference between Stepper Motor and Servo Motor if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day. See you in the next post.