Hi, guys welcome to another post. Here we will learn Difference Between Transmission and Distribution Line. In an electrical power system, there are two main types of transmission lines used distribution and transmission lines.These two systems of power distribution provide different features and advantages.
In this post we will cover different aspects to know about the details differences about this power system. SO let get started Difference Between Transmission and Distribution Line.
Difference Between Transmission and Distribution Line
What is a Transmission line
- In an electrical power system transmission line is wires or cables created to send power. They are used to send power at larger distances so there wave nature must take into account.
- These lines are used to transmit the power at longer distances in the country
- They have the capacity to transmit the high value of volts normally sixty kilovolts to five hundred kilovolts
- Metallic towers are used to give support to these systems
- These wires has the ability to move power in both sides
- It mostly used in three-power system
- The dia of these lines is larger than the distribution lines
- The damage of these lines can cause high power disturbance so need to maintain it firstly
- Its main types are Long transmission lines, Medium transmission lines, Short transmission line
- It is not insulated
What is Distribution Lines
- These lines are used to transmit power to loads from the substation.
- They are used to carry power at shorter distances
- To give support to these lines wooden poles are used
- These has the ability to transmit the power at one direction
- employed for a single-phase system
- Their dia is less than the transmission lines
- USed to deliver power at buildings houses
- Either has less power but has the ability to damage
- They operate volts less than the sixty-nine and 220 volts
- These lines are passive system means not controlled by any computer or operator and due to single-direction flow not needed any further maintenance
- The main types of the distribution systems are Radial distribution lines, Ring distribution lines Interconnected distribution lines
These lines has insulation
That is all about the Difference Between Transmission and Distribution Line all details have been explained. If you have any further queries ask in the comments. This power system has made we delivery the power a very easy process. At generation larger size transformer called power transformer are connected that transmit the power through use of transmission line that power reach to substation where this high votls get convert to lower value and than transmitted to loads and customer.
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2