Hello readers welcome to new post. here we will discuss Difference Between Fuse and Circuit Breaker. There are different types of components and devices used in power systems to avoid any damage. Most commonly used as fuse and circuit breaker.
In this post we will discuss different paramerts to find differences between these two devices. So let get started Difference Between Fuse and Circuit Breaker
Difference Between Fuse and Circuit Breaker
What is Fuse
- In an electrical system fuse is a protection component that used for protecting the overcurrent existing in the circuit.
- It consists of a metallic component that melts when larger current passes in the fuse and stops the extra current flow.
- When a high current passes its wire get melted and has to be repairs according to the fuse used.or rewired, depending on its type.
- Fuse is very older device that is employing in the power system since starting or electrical system
- There are different fuses are constructed on the basis of their uses structures rating and other uses.
- The current features and time of operation are selected for the operation of devices.
- Fuse used to protect the system from overload, mismatched loads, and other electrical faults
- If a main wire gets damaged linked to metallic body which is linked to the ground short circuit caused and fuse melts
- Fuse operation lies on the conducting material features
- Fuse can use only one time
- Tehre is not sing or light it shows when operate like a breaker
- There is no need of any auxiliary connection for this
- It does not work as switch-like breaker
- Not depends on the ambient temperature
- It protects the systems from the power loads
- Its operating time is 0.002 S
- It is an automatic device and less expensive
What is a Circuit breaker
- Circuit breaker used in the system to break the circuit from protecting the system from faults
- It working can be mechanical and automatic due to structure configuration
- Due to need of high accuracy in system time configured for breaker is maintained for good function
- Its main function is that disconnect the flow of current if a fault exis in the system
- It is also called the OCPD device
- Its works based on the switching and electromagnetism phenomena
- If it operates one time can be used again and again
- When work give an indication about its operation
- It can be used as a switch
- Its operation is based on ambient temperature
- It is mostly used to protect the system from short circuits and overloads
- Its operating time is 0.02 to 0.05 second
- Tehre are different types of breakers used
- It is more expensive than the fuse
- There are different types of the circuit breakers are used
- Oil circuit breaker.
- Air circuit breaker.
- SF6 circuit breaker.
- Vacuum circuit breaker.
That is all about the Difference Between Fuse and Circuit Breaker all details has been explained. If you have any further query ask in the comments I have give a details overview about the fuse and breaker that will helps you to get a details to overview about your projects and the practical implementation of breakers.