hello, friends welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at Difference Between Static and Kinetic Friction. The force of a component among the two plans or surfaces at some angle is called friction. It caused to resist the motion among these 2 surfaces and results in the deform and heating in results.
There are 2 main types of kinetic and static. The basic difference among them is that friction occurs when there is no motion among the bodies and kinetic friction occurs when there is a movement among the 2 bodies. Here we will cover different parameters related to this two friction. So let’s get started Difference Between Static and Kinetic Friction.
Difference Between Static and Kinetic Friction
- The force applied at the body and body does not show any motion and resistance to change in a position called static friction.
- The static friction helps the body not to move in place. the static friction coefficient is denoted with us and has a larger value than is coefficient for kinetic friction.
- The cause of static friction generation is the rough surface of anybody that reduces the fact force to move the body. Such a factor called asperities.
- To reduce the static friction there should be additional force is applied on the body.
- The practice example of static friction force applied on while to move on slop.
- The highest value of static friction is called limiting friction
- Its formula is FS=UsFN
What is Kinetic Friction
- Kinetic friction exist for two moving objects and has physical connection among each other,
- It also called dynamic friction. its coefficient is denoted as Uk and its value is less than the static fraction value.
- ITs equation is Fk=UkFn
- Its action is always opposite to moving object and does not depend on the surface over which relying on
- the main operation of this friction is to decrease the speed of the moving body.
- Practical example of kinetic friction is mountain hiking
That is a detailed post about the difference between static friction and kinetic friction if you still have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.