Hello, friends welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at Difference Between Atom and Molecule. Each and every substance is created through the combination of small particles called atoms and group of atoms called molecules. If we do a comparison among these two then will come to know that the smallest particles of matter or substance is atom and group of 2 or more atom is molecules
Here we discuss details about atoms and molecules and make a comparison among their properties. So let’s get started with Difference Between Atom and Molecule.
Difference Between Atom and Molecule
What is atom
- The least part of any matter that can perform any chemical reaction and make an element called an atom.
- Atom is the main part of gases, solids of any category, and liquids.
- Its size range is one hundred pF. Its size is such small can not be seen through the naked eye.
- The central part of atoms is called the nucleus that consists of protons and neutrons.
- Electrons are relied on at the outer part of the nucleus in different orbits of atoms.
- There is such an atom which is hydrogen that does not has any neutron.
- The protons have a positive charge and neutron has no charge and electrons has a negative charge.
- An example of an atom is oxygen, sulfur.
- When an atom has negative or positive charges then called a negative ion or positive ion. Positive ion becomes when atom release electron and negative ion becomes when it gets electron
- The quantity of protons defines the atomic number of atoms and denoted with Z letter.
- Protons number of hydrogen is two as has two neutron
What is Molecules
- The molecules is created through the combination fo two or more two atoms and show neutral features. It has no charges like ions.
- Atoms having the same types of atoms called homonuclear-like molecules of oxygen o2.
- Atoms having different atoms called heteronuclear since they have atoms of different types like H2so4.
- Atoms in nuances are attached through noncovalent forces like hydrogen bonding.
- Oceans are created through different types of molecules. Organics material also example molecules,
What is Covalent Bond and Ionic Bond
- Sharing of electrons among the atoms called covalent boning. they do sharing of atoms to make stable molecules,
- In ionic bonding atoms gives electrons to other atoms or get electrons from other atoms this called ionic bonding
That is a detailed post about Difference Between Atom and Molecule if you have any further query ask in the comments thanks for reading have a nice day.