Hello friends I hope you all are doing great. In this post we will discuss the Difference Between Conduction and Convection. the variation of energy among the 2 systems caused due to temperature changes that is known as heat transformation. The heat transformation occurs from one place to another on its own from warm to cool the body. There are 2 common ways through which heat transformation occurs first one is convection and the second one is conduction.
If there is a connection among the 2 objects heat will transfer from one body to the other called conduction and in convection, there is a physical connection that occurs among two bodies. So let’s get started with Difference Between Conduction and Convection.
Difference Between Conduction and Convection
- Conduction is a process through which energy gets transferred from one body to another through a physical connection.
- This phenomenon occurs in liquids, gases, and solids. This process occurs with high speed in solids due to close connection among the particles of solids
- In liquids and solids, this phenomenon occurs but less efficient due to space among the particles.
- Heat due to condition occurs if the particles temperature rise due to that they do vibration and that vibration causes the movement energy move to other particles close to that area.
- The basic example of heat conduction is if you touch a hot pan this touching pan caused the transfer of conduction heat.
- The other type of conduction is the conduction of electricity that exists due to the motion of electrical changed particles exist in the material.
- Due to this motion current is generated that can be created due to electrons and ions.
- The current moving through the wires is an example of conduction due to electricity.
- Convection is the phenomenon through which heat is transfer due to the movement of particles in the fluids like liquids and gases.
- The basic heat transformation occurs due to condition but in large amounts, heat transformation occurs due to movement of fluids.
- This phenomenon occurs only in fluids like gas and liquids.
- This process can be occurred by its own or through the application of any force.
- it needed a large amount of flids transformation.
- There are 2 main types of convection.
- If the exterior medium is used like pumps or fans for the occurrence of convection called forced convection example of this process used of fan in hot weather.
- The convection occurs due to the difference among the densities occurs due to the temperatures is called natural convection example of this process is oceanic winds.
That is a detailed post about the Difference Between Conduction and Convection if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day.