Hello, readers welcome to the new tutorial. Here we will discuss What is Rogers PCB. The type of high frequency that uses the raw material used by the Rogers companies is called Rogers PCB. It has a different PCB board that is created through the use of FR4 material that is commonly used. different PCB manufacturers such as PCBWAY also have features of FR4 materials as well Helps users to make the Rogers PCB board with great excellence. There is no use of fiberglass but uses ceramic bases. These boards offered a high value of the dielectric constant and a stable range of temperature. Its dielectric constant thermal expansion coefficient has consent values that increase the operation of the substrate.
It is mostly used in designing configurations where high speed is needed, used in microwave circuits and radios. Here we will discuss different paramerts of this board in detail. So let get started.
What is Rogers PCB
- The Roger PCB comes with material that has the best features over the FR-Materials. Its bases uses copper laminations that create the boards used for a long time interval.
- This board has features to operate on the larger values frequency and used to larger values of heat transmission.
- It also helps to transmit the signal with less distortion and good quality. The material used in the board is cooper laminated which makes it more effective on other boards.
- There is the use of both reinforced hydrocarbon and ceramic laminations. In Rogers PCB first two layers are copper laminated and the others are FR4 assembled.
PCBWAY Advanced PCB-ROGERS
- There are different PCB manufactures are working in the world best in all services is PCBway which offered the PCB services at good rates. They comes with the features to create the simple to complicated board with greater quality and prices.
- They focus on the high-quality design of PCB board with research and development and also give their customers high-speed, high levels products.
- The products have covered high-end HDI buried blind hole PCB, 5G communication PCB board, high frequency
and high speed PCB, optical module PCB, semiconductor test, aerospace PCB circuit board and many other fields.
- The features of their advanced PCB rogers are discussed here
|Material used||ROGERS 4350B | FR4|
|Minimum hole size||0.3 millimeter|
|Board thickness and via diameter ratio||10:1|
|Least spacing from hole to conductor||Eight mil|
|Surface Finish||Immersion gold(ENIG)|
|Technical Features||Internal circuit exposed by slotting|
Rogers PCB Features
- This board is the finest option for electronic projects and microwaves. So it is used in different modules. Here are some features discuss on this board.
- To reduce the signal loss in the board there is high-quality FR4 and copper laminations used. So it used in radios laptops desktops computers
- To provides the impedance stable values there high values of DK than the FR4 materials.
- This board also reduces the value of the electric loss. So it make it best for multilayers board configuration.
- These board also not compatible with the bromination that make it useful for design uses fluids
- This PCB board has good thermal features and handles a good value of heat dissipation which increases the operation time of the board.
- It has features to bear the high oxidation that is necessary to enhance the function of circuit.
Difference between FR-4 material and Rogers material
- The main differences between FR4 and Rogers material are discussed here.
- FR4 is less expensive than Rogers
- Rogers is used in high-frequency projects and FR4 not preferred.
- FR4 offer a high value of dissipation factors than the rogers so larger signal loss in FR4
- There is numerous ranges for impedances stability for Rogers than FR4
- Dielectric constants for FR4 is 4.5 and for Rogers is 6.15 to 11.
Why to use Rogers PCB Material
- There are some advantages of roger PCB that make it effective to make a different board
- It offered less value of signal losses.
- Less expensive to make the board.
- Less value of the dielectric loss
- Good thermal capability
- Numerous values of dielectric constant 2.55 to 11
- Has the ability to manage the impedance
Applications of Rogers PCB
- There are different applications offered by this board that is listed here.
- It used in military applications
- Avaitions projects and sattelite
- It is used to make the electronic devices such as mobile phones tablets, PC
- It is used to make the board of microwaves
- Used in a telecommunications systems,
That is all about the Rogers PCB all details about the Rogers PCB have been explained. If you’re facing any difficulty please ask in the comments. Thanks for reading
Special offer: $2 for 1-8 layer PCBs
Free SMT Assembly Monthly
New arrival for Aluminum boards, only $2