Hello, readers welcome to new post. In this tutorial, we will discuss Introduction to High TG PCB. High Tg PCB boards are preferred for conditions where high temperatures exist. The temperature value for the fine operation of PCB boards is defined by the Tg or glass transition. Before using this module make sure that the operating temperature of the PCB must be less than the Tg value of the substrate.
Tg has an impact on the flexible behavior, molecular weight, and crosslink of polymer used in the board. The use of high Tg boards gives the features of god stability and hassle-free function in high-temperature conditions. In the post, we will discuss the different parameters of high Tg PCB and will also know how you can get the high-quality Tg board from the PCBWAY. So let’s get started Introduction to High TG PCB
Introduction to High TG PCB
- The PCB boars are created with use of different substrates material like FR4 and polyimide. This material has a certain value of TG that must be taken into consideration before using these substances.
- Here point to be noted is that TG is only used for polymer-based PCBs, not for metal-based boards.
- Bases of PCB boards come with different values of TG. For example, the normal TG of FR4 material has 130 degrees temperature.
- It means that the value is larger than the standard TG through high TG. FR4 boards also exist in high TG called High TG boards.
- Normally PCB boards have TG values larger than 170 degrees called high TG boards. This also depends on the base material
What is TG?
- The full form of TG is transition temperature. It is a significant physical feature of polymer materials that must take into consideration during the material selection.
- It helps with the practical use of the material in different applications.
- The glass transition temperature is the temperature after that polymer is not retained as a rigid material.
- With the increment in the temperature then the TG material varies its states
- That is changes from glass-like configuration to soft condition so this temperature is known as Glass transition Temperature
- This soft material can be de-shaped easily. Chemical structure defines the TG value of the material. In a result, a different value of TG is different for material.
- If heat is given to material energy of particles increases.
Why is High TG PCB Preferred?
- PCB is used in different environmental conditions. The COndition can be different from normal and bad so PCB can not be employed in every condition.
- For example, if TG for any board is 150 degrees so it can be used for operating temperatures less than 125.
- If the environmental temperature is high in results PCB operating in that condition changes its features
- It will show rubber-like features and can be deformed easily and the board’s electrical characteristics changes
- So always make sure that the operating temperature is less than TG about 25 centigrade
- This temperature difference makes sure that physical features not change. It is since polymer bear variation if the temperature is close to TG so in results operation and working life of board not effected. So must have a difference between operating and TG.
High Tg PCB Features
- These are some features of high Tg PCB that are mentioned here with the details.
- It shows resistant behavior for the large value of temperature.
- It operation life is longer than the other categories of PCBs.
- It provides less value of thermal expansion.
- It shows excellent mechanical features.
- It provides larger temperature sustainability.
- It also has a larger value for thermal stress resistance.
PCBWay High-Tg PCB Features
- The features provided by the PCBWay High-Tg PCB are described here in the below figure. They provide TG150, and TG160 boards with high quality but with attractive features that prices are same as TG 130 & TG 140 boards
|Material||Tg140 FR-4,Tg150 FR-4,Tg170 FR-4,Tg150 FR-4 (Halogen-free), Tg170 FR-4 (Halogen-free)|
|Minimum. Hole Size||0.15mm|
|Surface Finishing||HASL lead free, Immersion gold, OSP, Hard Gold, Immersion SIlver, Enepig|
|Solder Mask||Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, White, Black, Purple, Matte Black, Matte green|
|Via Process||Tenting Vias,Plugged Vias,Vias not covered|
|Testing||Fly Probe Testing (Free) and A.O.I. testing|
|Build time||7-10 days|
|Lead time||2-3 days|
High TG PCB Advantages
- These are some advantages of High TG PCB described here.
High Power density designs:
- This PCB board is the best choice for heat management applications if the instrument has a large power density with a large value of heat generation rate.
- It can be obtained with the use of a large size PCB board to vary the design and power usage of the instrument with the decrement in the heat production of normal PCB boar.
Preferred for multilayer and HDI PCBs:
- Due to compact and large density circuitry in the multilayer and HDI PCB boards, there is a larger value of heat dissipation. THere for the usage of High Tg PCB with these categories of PCB causes a decrement in heat dissipation.
- With the increment in the Tg value of the substrate used in PCB, the board shows improvement in the heat resistance, chemical resistance stability and moisture resistance of the device that uses this PCB board.
Application of High Tg PCB
- To make an accurate metallic structure needed an accurate cut of metal, grinding finely, welding and melting the metallic material. SO different temperature changes in this process. To make the accurate function for these processes needed High TG boards
- The circuitry of the antenna comprises of this board.
- It is used in the assembly of wifi boosters.
- The circuitry of Ac power supplies uses this board.
- It is also used in such types of PLCs that have less cost.
- In the production of the embedded systems, it is used.
That is all about the High TG PCB boards all details have been explained. If you have any further queries ask in comments thanks for reading have a nice day see you in the next post. Further to get this PCB board must visit the PCBWAY that is best in all services related to PCB.
Their now best feature is that TG150 and TG160 boards can get in the same prices as TG 130 & TG 140 boards