Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss Difference Between MCB, MCCB, ELCB, RCCB. Circuit breaker device that used in the power system to save from different types of faults occurs.It helps to save the system from short circuits and over-current conditions. Has the ability to work in both mechanical and automatic structures. When constructed for operation there is keep in mind the rating values according to load linked to the system.
It comes with different types that offer certain features and operating values and advantages. Common types are MCB, MCCB, ELCB, and RCCB. Here we will discuss all these breaker types and find their comparisons. So let get started.
What is MCB
- This category of circuit breakers is used to handle large values of current generated due to short circuits, overloading, and if the structure of the system is not configured and a fault occurs can handle by MCB.
- It is considered a fine replacement of fuses due to continuing operation when a fault is removed from the system.
- This feature urges us to use over fuses..
- It comes with different numbers of poles configuration like one pole two poles three poles. it is known as OCPD (over current protection dive).
- Its ratings for dc is 220 volts and for ac 240/415 AC. value of load current is one hundred amperes.
- It helps to do different operations such as switching separation from circuits during fault overload protection.
What is MCCB
- Its full form is molded case circuit breaker and employed to save circuits from short circuit and overload current.
- Has the ability to manage current from 63 to 1000 amperes and break the circuit through the automatic process with a manual.
- Also considered as best replacement of fuses since it is cost-effective over the fuse due to again purchasing of the fuse.
- Its main parts are listed here
- Arc chute Contacts Operating mechanism Terminal Connector Thermal Trip Unit Magnetic Trip Unit Handle / Trip-free Mechanism Trip Button
- It used in motor protection circuits
- It used for protection generator installed at the generation point
What is ELCB
- Its full form is an earth leakage circuit breaker. It is used to save the system from current coming due to electric leakage.
- It helps to save from the electric shock through breaking circuitry in just 0.1 seconds.
- It is mostly employed at grid stations where leakage current exists about the devices used.
- It is considered a certain type of latching relay. it used to find the value of current passing from live wire to ground.
- For the connection of neutral, earth, and phase wire ELCB is used.
- Current leakage in any circuitry defines the operation of ELCB.
What is RCCB
- Its full form is RCCB normally employed in circuits where less value of voltages are employed.
- For separation of fault, there is a switch is linked. Also, protect humans from electric shock.
- So in case of a system where sudden faults are existing it used.
- Its working operation is based on the KCL. According to KCL or Kirchhoff’s law current moving to the point is equal to the current going way from that point.
- If anyone touches the system or earth fails occurs current starts to flow in the earth wire. and the current flowing or return current from the neutral decreases.
- The value of the current difference between live and neutral wire is called residual current.
- So main function of RCCB is to detect the residual current in a regular way and find the difference between the live and neutral wire current if the difference is large break the circuit.
That is all about the Difference Between MCB, MCCB, ELCB, RCCB. I have explained each and every parameter related to these circuits breakers. There are different types of breakers are now used in the system to protect them from the fault. Each and every brakes offered its uniques rating and feature to control the system. SO must consider each feature before installation of breakers to the system.