Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Magnetic Field & Magnetic. Flux The basic difference between magnetic flux and the magnetic field is that magnetic field is an area about the magnet where force is exerted on the charges in motion. While in magnetic flux is explains about the strength of lines of forces generated by the magnet. Both of these are parameters of magnet. A magnetic field is a region where charges in motion bear force by the magnet and flux is a number of lines force line or magnetic lines passing through that area.
For find the existence of a magnetic field around the magnet positioned conductive material near it. The magnetic field strength is in direct relation with the force exerted by magnet on charges in motion. The direction of magnetic field in the magnetic is from south to north and outside from north to south. These create a closed path. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both magnetic field and magnetic flux with the detailed and find their difference. So let’ get started with Difference Between Magnetic Field & Magnetic Flux,
Difference Between Magnetic Field & Magnetic Flux
- The area about the magnet where poles of magnet exert an attractive or repulsive force on the charged particle place in that region.
- The formula of the magnetic field is F=qvB.
- The system international unit of the magnetic field is tesla.
- It is vector quantity
- It used to explain the magnetic behaviour of charges and current.
- the charge in motion exists in the magnetic field bear the force at ninety degrees of its motion and field.
- The ferromagnetic material bear force when place in the field.
- The strength of the magnetic field depends on the magnet that generated it.
- Magnetic field is employed in different fields of science like in electrical engineering to discuss the operation of different devices like motor-generator and transformer
- Flux is the number of lines of force generated by the magnet.
- Its GCS unit is Maxwell
- The fluxmeter is used to measure its value that uses coil for measurements. the variation in the voltage in the meter coil finds the value of the flux
- Its formula is Φ=BA.
- The system’s international unit of magnetic flux is Weber.
- The magnetic flux depends on the strength of the magnetic field and the area among them.
- Its defined in the form of vectors and Lorentz force. Vectors field can be seen so imaginary lines are drawn
- The field line passing from any surface explains the strength of flux through that surface more line more flux will exist.
Magnetic Field Vs Magnetic Flux
|Topic||Magnetic Field||Magnetic Flux|
|Definition||The magnetic field is a vector field that defines the force applied in charge in motion or agent existing in a magnetic field.||The magnetic flux measurement of the magnetic filed that passes through surfac|
|Unit||Tesla (T)||Weber (Wb)|
|Formula||Magnetic field = Force / (Charge x Velocity)||Magnetic flux = Magnetic field x Area|
|SI Base Units||kg⋅s⁻²⋅A⁻¹||kg⋅s⁻²⋅A⁻¹⋅m²|
|Direction||The direction of the magnetic field is the force direction that the one pole will experience if it placed in the field||Magnetic flux direction is the direction of the magnetic field passing through surface|
|Calculation||The magnetic field is measured through divine force applied on charged particles of magnetic through its charge and velocity||flux is a multiple of the field through an area of the surface where it passes.|
|Influence on objects||The magnetic field has an effect on charged particle motion or magnet through the application of force on it||Magnetic flux does not apply a direct force on objects. it is a calculation of the magnetic field flowing through the surface|
|Measurement||The magnetic field can be calculated through the use of a magnetometer.||Magnetic flux can be measured with a fluxmeter.|
|Applications||its main applications are in MRI machines electric motors, generators, and compasses.||Magnetic flux is used in electromagnetic induction, transformers, and generators.|
|Effect on materials||Magnetic fields can magnetize special types of material like iron, causing them to become magnets.||it does not magnetize materials directly.|
|Relationship||it is related to the force faced by a charged particle or a magnet in the field.||Magnetic flux correspondent to the total magnetic field passing through a surface.|
|Importance||The magnetic field has applications for charged particles and the interaction between magnets.||it is the main concept for understanding electromagnetic induction and the operating of transformers and generators.|
|Measurement Units||is unit is the tesla (T) or gauss (G)||it is measured in Weber (Wb) or Tesla meter squared (T·m²)|
|Created by||it created changes in the motion of magnetic material||it created through variations in magnetic fields|
|Nature||it is a vector field||it is a scalar quantity|
|Influenced by||it is affected by the distance from the source and the material through which it passes||it is affected by the strength and direction of the magnetic field|
|Calculated using||it can be calculated through the use of Biot-Savart law, Ampere’s law, or the right-hand rule||it measured through the surface integral of the magnetic field|
|Representation||it is represented in field lines||it represented as a scalar or vector quantity|
|Magnetic materials||They can be attracted or repel each other on the basis of the direction||it can be magnetized when get exposed to the magnetic field|
|Earth’s magnetic field||It is produced through the motion of molten iron in the core||it protects Earth from hazardous solar radiation|
|Units in electromagnetism||it applies for the calculation of the force on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field||It is used for the calculation of EMF induced by wire through varying magnetic field|
|Conservation||The net magnetic flux through closed surface is zero||Magnetic flux is conserved in closed system|
That is a detailed post about the difference between a magnetic field and magnetic flux if you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading Have a good day,