Hello, friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss the Difference Between Cell and Battery. Both of these cell and battery stores chemical energy and transforms the chemical energy in electrical energy. The basic difference between cell and battery is that the battery is consists of more than one cell and cell itself is one unit.
In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at both cell and battery with the detailed compare them to find their differences. So let’s get started with Difference Between Cell and Battery.
Difference Between Cell and Battery
- It is one module of energy-storing that sots chemical energy and transforms it into electrical when connected to the circuitry.
- The common types of cell are dry, wet reserve, and fuel that employed according to different arrangements
- Being a single module its size is less and cost also than the battery
- Its volts value is 1.5 volts and can deliver a current of one hundred ampere
- It used to run watch of your home, remote control of your tv and different toys
- The combination of more than one cell in series and parallel configuration makes a battery.
- The common types of batteries are primary and secondary batteries.
- There are 2 main points of the battery first one is the anode and the second one cathode during supply power to load positive point is operating as cathode and negative as an anode.
- the priamry types of battery used only one in lifetime when dead not again get charge its example is the alkaline battery.
- The secondary battery can again charge after being discharge example is lead-acid battery ups battery laptops batter
- It is a high weight than the cell.
- It can deliver power to the load for a long time than the cell.
- Its common applications are Automobiles, inverter, emergency light, etc. It is expensive than the cell.
- the structure of the battery is different according to usage and application like a watch has a small size battery and the phone has a large size battery while the ups battery is also larger.
- Their energy per units mass is less than other materials
That is a detailed post about the difference between cell and battery if you have any further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. have a good day.