Hello, readers welcome to the new post. We will discuss Difference between Bluetooth and Wimax. These two protocols are wireless communication modules that can communicate with one another. The basic difference between them is that Bluetooth is used to make connections among the devices through the use of wireless while WiMax is used for microwave access.
We will find different parameters to find the differences. So let’s get started Difference between Bluetooth and Wimax
Difference between Bluetooth and Wimax
What is Bluetooth
- Bluetooth operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency band and uses the TDD technique with frequency hopping for each signal
- It is a shorter-range communication network as well as a cheaper and energy-efficient RF-based network.
- Bluetooth is point-to-point compatible and indicates multi-point connections.
- It has features to transfer data from one device to another
- Bluetooth is used to transmit and receive radio signals in a band of 79 network frequencies called channels configured at 2.45 GHz.
- Mostly used for radio mobile phones TV and used in various industries, offices, and medical facilities
- The short-range makes it effective for a variety of applications. They consume very less or zero power because they cover a short distance and are considered a more secure network than WiFi.
- This network can automatically connect to any other device up to 8 numbers
- It uses radio signal for communications
- Its common applications are microwaves ovens, cameras offices, etc
- Its frequency value is 2.5 gigahertz
- The data transmission speed of one to four MBps
- Frame size for this communication protocol is three fifty bytes
- It can transmit the data within ten meters
What is WIMAX
- The development of WiMax began at the beginning of the 21st century. American integrated circuit manufacturer Intel Corporation has invested heavily in the creation of receiver chipsets and has been a vocal supporter of the technology.
- Technical obstacles to achieving optimal speed and coverage, combined with competition from competing systems, hampered the development of early networks.
- The full form of WiMax is wireless interoperability for microwave access.
- It uses licensed or unlicensed spectrum to transmit connections to the system.
- It has the ability to handle a larger interoperable system. It used to offer mobile data and hotspot
- It is compatible with IEEE 802.16 y Y indicates that many Wimax category
- Used for MAN applications
- It provides a service guarantee
- It covers a range of around fifty to ninety kilometers
- It is named as long-range technology
- Its data rates are up to seventy bps
- Its installation cost is higher than wifi
- It is used in medical instruments, travels small level business homes, etc
- It used OFDMA for communication
- The frequency range for this protocol is 2 to 66 gigahertz
- Data transmission speed is about seventy-five MBps
- this frame size is five to twenty ms
- It can transmit data up to ten km in the air
- It uses microwaves for communication
Advantages of WiMax
- This protocol is not used for fixing links such as at home. This service can be used on the phone since laptops, phones, and USB dongles come with built-in technology
- With the use of the internet, Wimax can offer voice and video communication features also phone access.
- The transmitter of Wimax can operate for numerous miles having data rates up to thirty to forty MBps
- It can be preferred for areas where internet access is not easy and expensive
- Wimax has compatibility with the numerous models
- It has a backhaul through which data is transferred about the ISP network
- it also featured fixed wireless broadband internet access which is the replacement for satellite internet service
- It is a type of mobile internet access which is compatible with LTE.
- it is preferred for longer distances where use of cables is not easy to install
That is all about the Difference between Bluetooth and Wimax all details has explained. If you have any queries ask in the comments. Thanks for sharing