Hello, readers welcome to new post. Today we will discuss the difference between 1G 2G 3G 4G technology. The letter G stands for Generation. The basic motive of a wireless communication system is that offer the customer’s high-quality reliable system of communication as given in a wired system. When you used the internet on your mobile set the speed of the internet is based on the signal coming on your device this speed in shown as 2G, 3G, ETC. at your mobile signal close to signal bars
Every generation of communication has a set of telephone network standards that give technical information about certain mobile systems. In this post, we will different paramerts to know about the main differences. So let’s get started Difference between 1G 2G 3G 4G technology.
Difference between 1G 2G 3G 4G technology
What is 1G or First Generation
- 1G is the first generation of technology used in mobile phone communications.
- it was used in 70s and used in 80s with full compatible features. The first time was used in 1987 by Telecom and Australia was the first country that used the first mobile having the first generation.
- 1G is analog technology and phones normally come with less battery operating time and voice quality was high and sometimes calls may drop.
- The highest speed of the 1G network was 2.4 KPBS and it was started in 1980s and tell used when 2G was introduced
What is 2G or 2nd Generation?
- When the second generation was introduced into the communication system there is major changes comes the mobile phones.
- In the previous system that is one G radio signal transmitted as an analog and a digital signal used in the second generation.
- It also increased the secure communication between two ends.
- With the use of 2G concept of GSM and CDMA was introduced. That helps to send MMS and SMS.
- In 1991 2G mobile communication was introduced by the Radiolinja having GSM support.
- The 2G features can get be got by numerous uses through use of multiplexing techniques in one channel
- Through 2G phones, data and voice can also send
- The main services introduced in the 2G are SMS internal roaming conference calls.
- Its data sending speed is one megabit per second having EDGE features after that technology 2.5G was introduced
What is 3G
- The 3G stands for the third generation and based on the GSM first time was introduced int he 2000.
- It has a feature to transmit the data speed of about 144KBPS to 2MBPS.
- Currently, it is used in different applications like sharing of photos, movies computer modems and high-quality voice and video calls that can do
- It uses IMT200 and WCDMA protocols with a data transfer speed is 3.1 MBps
- Its main features are digital broadband and speed of high value
- It uses switching expect to make air interfacing
- The Internet can access through 3G at any place
- It maintains the devices online
- It used for data-intensive circuits
- It is secure and reliable
- Its call rates are less expensive
- It used to make video calls and MMS
- It used for high-speed network
What is 4G
- 4G is different than the 3Gand it uses for communication is done through its improvement in structure.
- Its main importance is to provide high-speed quality and high security with less costly phone calls.
- Its main applications are cloud computing, 3D TVs, games, and IP telephones
- Currently designed phones are not compatible with 4G but also with the 2G and 3G services.
- The existence of OFDM features helps users to identify the 4G devices
- It was first time used in 2009 and uses LTE and WiMAX technologies
- It supported one hundred Mbps
- Its main features are ALL IP compatible and high-speed data transmission
What is 5G
- The 5G is under development which is the upgraded form of 4G. It will helps users to get high-speed data transfer high-speed connection and low latency.
- It will give features live device-to-device communication as well as less use of battery and less distorted signal transmission.
- The speed of data transfer will in 5G about 35.46 Gbps which is almost thirty-five times faster than 4G
That is all about the Difference between 1G 2G 3G 4G 5G technology all details has been explained if you have any question ask in the comments.