Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Today we will discuss Introduction to Wio-E5 Wireless Module. Wio-E5 is less expensive, less power consuming has a compact structure and high-performance module that was designed by Seeed Technology. This module consists of an ST system-level packaging board which is the first SoC IC in the world to have a combo of LoRa RF and microcontroller unit board.
The wireless protocol is configured with the ARM Cortex M4 ultra power controller and LoRa SX126X, and also supported the FSK mode and LoRa. This module supported the frequency bandwidth of 62.5kHZ, 125KHZ, 250KHZ, and 500KHz bandwidth.
Introduction to Wio-E5 Wireless Module
- Wio-E5 wireless protocol that was created for products having compatibility with STMicroelectronics, STM32WLE5JC.
- These products consist of the LoRa-E5 module, the LoRa-E5 Grove board, the LoRa-E5 mini development board, and the LoRa-E5 development kit.
- The LoRa-E5 is a compact module that is used for applications that need a high-speed testing process.
- Breaks all LoRa-E5 GPIOs, like UART, ADC, SPI, and I2C. The LoRa-E5 Mini also includes RESET and BOOT buttons, making this board very user-friendly.
- It s an operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C and comes with an RF output power of +20.8 dBm at 3.3 V.
- Three methods were used for the configuration of this module the use of a PC link and control through the use of AT command by making a connection with the motherboard through UART and controlling with AT commands; or by developing and controlling user applications using the SDK.
- Grove’s LoRa-E5 module is a fine option for users who want to use LoRa with an SBC like Raspberry Pi 4 or a microcontroller like Wio Terminal.
- With full LoRaWAN features in the modular simplicity of the Grove ecosystem, the Grove LoRa-E5 allows users to migrate their existing devices to their LoRaWAN network trough following basic steps
- LoRa-E5 development kit comes with LoRa-E5 development board, antenna, USB Type-C cable and 2*AA 3V battery holder
- Dev LoRa-E5 is equipped with a LoRa-E5 STM32WLE5JC module with LoRaWAN protocol compatibility in the global frequency band. With that, it has compatibility with many data protocols and interfaces like full GPIO, RS-485 and Grove.
Features of Wio-E5 Wireless Module
- Some features of the Wio-E5 Wireless Module are discussed here
- It uses very less power about 2.1uA sleep current (WOR mode)
- Its dimension is 12mm * 12mm * 2.5mm 28 pins SMT and has a compact structure
- It can be used for small distances and comes with a 158dB link budget
- It has compatibility with Embedded Long Range protocol, AT command, and supports global Long Range frequency plan.
- It also have wide reange compatibility for high freqeuncies EU868/US915/AU915/AS923/KR920/IN865
- It is a flexible board and helps users to make software on the controller of this module pins of the controller can be configured, with that also configured to UART, I2C, ADC, etc
- It is FCC and CE certified
- This Wio E5 module has compatibility with industrial standards and can be used for IoT projects with operating temperatures -40℃ ~ 85℃.
Specifications Wio-E5 Offered by Seeed
- The Wio-E5module offered by Seeed comes with different specifications that are listed here
|ARM Cortex M4
|256KB Flash, 64KB SRAM
|28 pins, SMT
|Minimum sleep current
|Operation current (Transmitter+MCU)
|50mA @10dBm in 434MHz type
|111mA @22dBm in 470MHz type
|111mA @22dBm in 868MHz type
|Operation current (Receiver+MCU)
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 868MHz type
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 434MHz type
|6.7mA @BW125kHz, 470MHz type
|10dBm max @434MHz
|22dBm max @470MHz
|22dBm max @868MHz
|< -36dBm below 1GHz
|< -40dBm above 1GHz
|3 group of UART, include 2 pins
|1 group of I2C, include 2 pins
|1 ADC Input, include 1 pins, 12-bit 1Msps
|Manual reset pin input
|1 group of SPI, including 4 pins
- If have any new ideas related to Wio-E5 and want to share to the community then send them to Seed and they will help you make them a reality with Seeed Fusion’s one-stop-shop capabilities.
- One person has a limitation to 2 PCBA boards hundred percent completely free of one design, with PCB manufacturing, charges of parts assembly, and shipping.
- The main applications of Wio-E5 are described here
- It is used for long-range sensor nodes and used for wireless communication protocol
- Used wireless meter reader
- IoT Node
- Sensor Network and Low power IoT system
That is all about the Wio-E5 Wireless Module all details has explained. If you have any questions ask them here