Hello, readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Introduction to ATMega2560 Microcontroller. ATMega2560 belongs to Atmel family and eight-bit less power usage microcontroller and exist in the Arduino Mega board. Its architecture is eight-bit AVR RISC. it also has 256-kilobyte memory with 4JB EEPROM and eight KB static ram.
Different modules such as timers, counters, PWM comparator and ADC are configured on the board. Operating votls five volts with 16 megahertz frequency it has. In this post we will cover different parameters of this controller with detail. So lets get started
Introduction to ATMega2560 Microcontroller
- The Atmega2560 controller is less power consumer CMOS eight-bit controller corporate with an AVR RISC structure.
- By applying the high-level commands with one clock cycle this module can get throughputs by getting one MIPS in one MHz permitting engineers to mage the power used over the processing speed.
- It is created with the use of non-volatile Atmel high-density memory.
- It is less expensive and flexible board due to the combination of RISC with flash memory.
- It compatible with different programmings such as C compiler, macro assemblers, evaluation kits simulators and debuggers.
ATMega2560 Microcontroller Features
- It is less power-consuming AVR eight-bit controller
- Based on RISC Articture
- It has 32 by 8 GP registers
- Its operation is static
- It has two cycle multipliers
- It comes with non-volatile memory
- has EEPROM of 4KB
- It has SRAM of 8 kB
- Also has read-write operation
- It also has 54/86 input and outputs
- The operating temperature is 40 to 85 centigrade
- ATMega2560 Pinout are discuss here
- 10, 31, 61 and 80 are Vcc pins get supplied to the board
- 11, 32, 62, 81,99 are ground pins used as reference ground
- 98 is Aref used for ADC supply
- 100 is AVcc used for analog devices to get power
- 33, 34 XTAL is a crystal oscillator pinout
- 30 is rest pin
- 2 to 9 denoted as PEO-PE7 is general pinout and belongs to Port E
- 12 to 18 and 27 pins belong to port H
- 19 to 26 pins are of Port B pins
- 28, 29, and 51, 52, 70are Port G pins
- 35 to 42 pins are of Port L pins
- 43 to 50 port D pins
- 53 to 60 are port C pins
- 43 to 69, 79 port J pins
- 71 to 78 are Port A pins
- 82 to89 are port K pins
- 90 to 97 are port F pins
ATMega2560 Microcontroller Applications
- ATMega2560 Microcontroller applications are discussed here
- It used in robots and HID
- Use in signal circuits
- Main part of the embedded system
That is all about the ATMega2560 Microcontroller all details has been explained. If you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a good day