Hello, guys welcome to new post. Today we will learn Introduction to DS1307 I2C. THe DS1307 is less power-consuming BCD real-time clock integrated circuit. It comes with fifty six-byte SVRAM that performs the I2C protocol. It has features to operate on the power supply and also can work on the battery on circuit requirements.
In this post, we will discuss its working, pinout features, and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to DS1307 I2C.
Introduction to DS1307 I2C
- DS1307 is RTC module that uses less input power and has features of a complete binary decimal code clock pulse with fifty-six byte NV static ram.
- It used I2C protocol for data transmission in two direction. Its clock used to show the time details like minutes, hours second day, etc
- Its setting is that when the month is completed new dates are automatically adjusted also for leap years
- It follows two formates of time either twenty-four-hour and 12 hours that is AM and PM
- It comes with power senses circuitry used for detection of power removal and shited to backup power.
- Its time showing process continues also on the backup supply.
Features of DS1307 IC
- Featues of DS1307 are explained here
- It is a real-time clock that used to show hours, minutes, seconds and months and also leap year
- Its compensation is valid for up to twenty-one hundred
- Its is fifty-six-byte module comes with a backup power supply and RAM.
- It is a serial port for I2C communications with microcontrollers and other devices
- It is eight pins dual in-line package and eight-pin SO.
DS1307 I2C Pins
- The main pins of this module are explained here
- Pin 1, and 2 are X1 and X2 used for crystal oscillator connection
- Pin 3 is Vbat used to connect the positive point of the battery
- Pin 4 GDN its is a ground pin
- Pin 5, 6 are SCL and SDA used to make the I2c communication to processors and controllers
- Pin7 is SQW used to get the square waves
- Pin 8 is Vcc gives five volts supply to the board
DS1307 I2C Applications
- Its common applications are discussed here
- It used in robots circuits
- Different games used this module
- Used in servers
- Used in power meters
- USed in GPS and other satellite
DS1307 AC ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
|CHARACTERISTICS||SYMBOL||MIN TYP MAX||units|
|Clock frequency of SCl||fSCL||0 to 100||kHz|
|Stop and start condition a bus-free ime||tBUF||4.7||µs|
|it is hole time and start conditon||tHD:STA||4.0||µs|
|SCL low period||tLOW||4.7||µs|
|SCL high period||tHIGH||4.0||µs|
|Time adjustment of start conditon||tSU:STA||4.7||µs|
|Data Hold Time||tHD:DAT||0||µs|
|Data Setup Time||SU:DAT||250||ns|
|SDA SCL real time||tR||1000||ns|
|SDA and SCL Fall time||tF||300||µs|
|Stop condition set up time||tSU:STO||4.7||µs|
That is all about the Introduction to DS1307 I2C all details has explained. IF you have any further queries ask in the comments. Will guide you in a comprehensive way. See you in the next tutorial.