Hello readers welcome to new post. Today we will discuss How SMT Solder and Assembly Technique. SMT is technique that employed for creation of PCB boards with great excellence and using new technique. This technique is used for connection of components on the boards and easy and simple process over the through hole.
Here we will have a detailed look at detailed solder process of SMT and assembly techniques used for SMT. We will also discuss how you can get these services from best SMT services provider JLCPCB.
What is SMT Soldering Process
- Semi solder solder which known as solder paste comprising of very accurate solder and flux that is applied on the solder pads.
- SMT created PCB boards has flat tin lead copper pads that called solder pads.
- Solder paste can be positioned through use of SMT screen printer.
- After placing the solder paste board is placed on the conveyor belt in the pick and place machine. SMD elements are connect on the board by the pick and place machine.
- After connecting the elements on the board place in the reflow soldering oven.
- There are different parts exist in the SMT reflow oven. Ist part is known as pre heat zone here temperature of board and elements are slowly increases to avoid any serious damage.
How to get SMT Assembly Services
- There are different SMT services providers are working in the world but there is one and only best smt services provider is JLCPCB that offered the SMT services at affordable rates and high quality.
- They comes with the feature to get the SMT services at single sides of board So always try to avail the SMT services at side that has larger numbers of SMD components.
- JLCPCB has SMT components library that has 200k+ in-stock components, 24-hour rapid SMT assembly, greatly reduced cost. So place order for components lies in the library.
PCB must be panelize with stamp holes since panels having V cut can not e created through SMT assembly.
- You get order two to fifty pieces (Single or panelized PCB)
- All components supplied by JLCPCB (689 Basic components and 200k+ Extended components)
Technique used for SMT Soldering
- Technique used for SMT soldering are listed here
- Vapor Phase Reflow
- Hot Gas Convection
- Infrared Reflow
Vapor Phase Reflow
- This category of oven is uses condensation. Vapor move through boiling perfluoropolyether.
- In contrary having the convection reflow oven there is small footprint and PCBA move in vertical position.
- Vapor layer send heat to PCB board and other elements like the assembly position in it.
- Heat transfer rate is large get decent wetting and need less power input.
Hot Gas Convection
- For creation of PCB board hot gas convection reflow is oven is used. Though noticeable difference will be observed for the procedure temperatures that are needed to heat up board for needed reflow temperature.
- The infrared reflow soldering process technique used for creation of high speed PCB boards.
- In this technique there is use of solder paste to compulsory parts of board.
- The applied paste comes with viscosity nature. At this viscous paste electrical elements connect on the board.
- In case of reflow soldering technique PCB move in the oven. In results solder paste melts.
- After that the oven phase circuit boards move to the cooling phase.
- At this level solder adjust connecting the elements on the board.
- Reflow is commonly used due to some certain features such as oven technique permits for larger soldering ability over the manual soldering.
- So this features helps to make larger creation of products. Other reason for its use that different modern techniques are coming in this process with passage of time.
What to do After Completion of Soldering Process
- When the soldering process is completed then the complete board created passed through the washing process to eliminate residues and clean the board.
- For this process there is SMT solvent cleaning machine is used. Rosin flux is wash out through use of fluorocarbon solvents with that high flash point is used.
- For removing the water soluble fluxes there is used of deionized water and detergent.
That is all about the How SMT Solder and Assembly Technique.. If you have any further query ask in comments. See you in next post have a good day