Hello readers welcome to new post. Here we will discuss Introduction to 1N5408 Power Diode. A diode is a device that is used for the conversion of ac to dc current. The diode has two main pinouts anode and cathode. The anode is the positive terminal and the cathode is the negative terminal. The diode in a single configuration is used for the creation of half signal of ac to dc and the other half remains non-changed.
For the conversion of a full wave of ac to dc there is four diode configuration is used. This assembly is employed in different projects to get the dc from ac where needed. In this post we will cover the details about the 1N5408 Power Diode and discuss how it is used in different projects also will give a details overview of how you can get the services from PCBWAY to make a new project that is a very well-known PCB services provider company all over the world. So let get started.
Introduction to 1N5408 Power Diode
- The diode is electronics that is used to move the current in a single direction. Current flows from the positive terminal to the negative or anode to the cathode.
- 1N5408 is known as a power diode since it give a large value of forward current and a value for reverse voltage having a dissipation value of 6.25 watts.
- The value of extreme current for this diode is three amperes and has the ability to bear two hundred amperes. These features help to use it in circuits where a current of less than three amperes is used.
- The value of reverse current is ten microamperes that is ignorable. Due to its slow recovery time, it has been replaced with new modules in different projects.
- It is a general purpose diode device and is employed in different projects that are commonly used.
- For instance, has the ability to bear the three amperes current at its terminals.
- It comes with DO201 packaging which has a larger area than the DO-41 packaging so it used for these category applications.
- It has the ability to bear a larger value of currents than others such as 1N4007 and 1N4148.
Uses of 1N5408 Diodes
- It is used in different projects it mostly used in rectifier projects for battery chargers, and power supply voltages increaser circuits.
- It is used in certain applications such as blocking current in certain directions and voltage spikes blocking.
- To get long-term operation for this device it is not used in circuits having thousands of volts and use in a certain range of modules.
- Not connect the load that used the three amperes about this diode and sustain the temperature minus centigrade and less than plus one seventy-five.
How to Make Project with 1N5408 Diodes
- 1N5408 diode is mostly used in rectifier circuits that is very commonly used in projects where dc current is needed. So if you are working in rectifier circuits that is mostly created on the PCB board. If you have less knowledge and not an expert in project-making. So don’t worry about it and contact to PCBWAY that is the best in all services related to PCB board and other projects creation. They are well equipped to the latest machines for project creation and engineers that help to design and make the projects that your needed. You just have to send the Gerber file to them their experts will review this file to work on it. They will not will you to make projects but also guide to you in complete detail of that for this purpose that has introduced share projects tab in their site where after uploading your projects you can get the different prizes and rewards that are waiting for you. So must avail this features.
- For your projects, you can get single layer, multilayer double layers, and other types of PCB in good rates and high quality.
- They have the PCB manufacturing capabilities to build simple to complex bare boards.
Features of 1N5408 Diode
- There are certain applications of this device that are described here.
- It has an operating temperature range minus sixty-five to plus one seventy-five.
- The value of extreme reverse current is ten microamperes.
- The value of non-repetitive extreme forward current is two amperes.
- The parameter for the average for forward current is three amperes.
- It is a rectifier diode and comes in D0-201 packaging.
- The main applications of 1N5408 are described here with the detail.
- It is used to stop voltage and current in any certain direction.
- It helps to protect any component used in the circuit.
- It is used as a rectifier.
- It used in adapters circuits
- It used in voltage doubles circuits
- The battery charger and power supply has this diode.
That is all about the Introduction to 1N5408 Power Diode. I have explained all details about the 1N5408 if you have any further queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day. See you in next post.