Hello, readers welcome to the new tutorial. Here we will discuss the Construction of METAL CORE PCB. PCB stands for printed circuit board employed in different engineering projects and electronic devices. All circuits and designing are assembled on the board to get the desired circuits and results. PCB has a symbolic representation of different components where these components are connected to make the projects and circuits.
There are different types of PCB boards are created according to configuration and construction. Such as single layer, multilayer double layer, and rigid PCB. All these PCBs have their own advantages and use on the basis of requirements. In this post, we will discuss the construction and different related parameters of metal core PCB and learn how you can get the services of this PCB from JLCPCB. So let’s get started
Introduction of Metal Core PCB
- MCPCB or Metal core PCB also called thermal PCB board that has metallic substances at the base over that FR4 is employed that work as heat spreader component for the board.
- Due to the operation of the different components on the board, there is heat generated.
- The objective of metallic components is to move the heat towards the less heat-sensitive components instead of heat-damaging components.
- Around the metallic material, layers are configured in an even fashion. So such boards are used to manage the heat.
- In the case of multilayers metalcore, PCB layers are positioned in an even fashion about metallic material.
- For example in twelve layered board metallic core is arranged at the central point and six layers on one side and the other six on another side.
- This PCB is also termed IMS, IMPCB, and Thermal clad PCB.
Why Metal Core PCB used
- The creation of heat in the PCB board results in damaging the devices. Some electronic devices are such that they generate heat in large amounts that cannot be controlled by using fans.
- So use of meta core PCB board is the best solution to minimize the heat.
- In this board, heat is transmitted from the hot to the cool portion. So high value of generated heat does not affect the board and components.
Structure of MPCB
- The main layers that existed in the metal core PCB are listed that make the board circuit.
- Solder Mask
- Circuit Layer
- Copper Layer
- Metallic Layer
How to Construct MPCB
- There is a larger number of PCB suppliers working in the world that is offering PCB based for their users. There is one them and best in all JLPCB that is china based PCB supplier.
- To get the PCB services and MPCB visit the JLCPCB site. JLCPCB provides the best PCB services in affordable rates
- For getting the PCB board to visit their site and press at order now option then the new page will be open you can get the desired board after placing the requirements that you need and the resultant prices will also be shown and your order will be delivered to you in two to three working days.
- WIth getting the PCB board you can get the SMT services by the JLCPCB at good rates. They provide the one-sided SMD component connection on board.’
- They come with a components library form where you can get different components for your projects.
- The JLCPCB is continuously operated to operate efficiently and to reduce costs. We promise to provide PCB customers the most economical permanent. JLCPCB makes PCBs much cheaper but high quality probably due to the scale effect, higher production efficiency and lower labor costs.
Application of MPCB
- The main applications of MPCB are described here.
- It is used in circuits where regulation of speed is needed.
- It is used in solar panels.
- Power supply circuits is constructed on this board also DC to DC converter is made on it.
- Solid-state-related boards are designed with this board.
- Motor drivers are created on the board.
Difference between Metal Core and FR4 PCB
- In FR4 PCB there is the application of plated through-hole while in metalcore there is not use of through-holes for the single-layer boards. In MPCB assembly is SMD.
- The conductivity for FR4 is very less about 0.3 watts and MPCB has larger conductivity of heat about 1 to four watt.
- There is different ranges for thickness for FR-4 exist while metal core PCB has limited.
- FR4 comes with green red and black solder masks while MPCB has white.
- FR4 uses drilling routing V scoring machines and Metalcore PCB used diamonded saw blads.
Metal Core PCB Advantages
- There are some advantages of MPCB that are described here
- The larger conductive material used in the metal helps to transfer larger heat.
- These boards help to control the flow of heat from circuit elements.
- MPCB created with aluminum is less weight.
- Metallic materials work for a large time interval than epoxy material.
- Metallic nature is less hazardous and can be used again after recycling.