Hi friends welcome to the new post. Here we will learn 1909 VDB Penny Value, Price Today? – How much is it worth? The 1909 VDB penny is considered the main coin in the coins field. This con is very comonly used and preferred by the coin collectors.It was made by Victor David Brenner. In this post, we will learn the market worth of a 1909 VDB penny. Here, we’ll cover the background of this famous coin, as well as special features, determinants of worth, and market price. let’s get started with the 1909 VDB Penny Value
Birth of the 1909 VDB Penny
Tribute to Abraham Lincoln
The 1909 VDB penny was designed to pay tribute to the famous USA 16th President, Abraham Lincoln. It is used or give the importance to anniversary of Lincoln’s birth and was used to honor his contributions to the nation.
Designer – Victor David Brenner
The famous designer made this penny. His name VDB worse is written on the back side of the coin at the lower end. When this coin was introduced it made controversy due to having the name of its creator on the coin and it was considered a violation of USA norms and traditions
Unique Features of the 1909 VDB Penny
Wheat Reverse Design
At the front side of the coin, there is a photo of Abraham Lincoln, at the back end there are two talks of wheat with the word ONE CENT. This wheat desing is known as the wheat design
Initials on the Reverse
The addition of Victor David Brenner’s, VDB, at the back end, is the main feature that makes it different from other pennies of that time
Factors Influencing the Value
This coin is rare which has an effect on its value. This penny was created in larger numbers and comes in good condition as some coins have not existed with time
Like other coins conditions also have an important effect on fine value in good conditions this penny has a higher value than a damaged or worn penny
rarity of Mint Marks
Some pennies in this category have a mint mark and some do not. 1909 VDB pennies that come with an S mint mark as it made in San Francisco, are rare and high-value
Facts About The 1909 VDB Penny
- It was made by the famous designer of coins Victor David Brenner and the first LIncolin-created penny.
- VDB at the start of Penny was added in the desing but after that removed due to policy issues.
- In minted condition, its value is about $100,000.
- It was considered rare pennies since S minted pennies were 484,000
More details about the 1909 VDB penny:
- it was made with ninety-five percent copper and five percent tin and zinc.
- Its thickness is 0.0625 inches. and of 0.75 inches dia
- At the front side photo of Abraham Lincoln, and at the back end wheat wreath.
- The coin was minted in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
How much is a 1909 VDB Penny worth?
The value of a 1909 VDB penny is based on its condition and the mint where it was created
- 1909 VDB penny (Philadelphia Mint):
|50 to dollar1,000+
|100 to 500 dollar
|50 to 200 dollar
|25 to 100 dollar
|10 to 50 dollar
|0 to 25 dollar
- 1909 VDB penny (San Francisco Mint):
|$1,000 to $200,000+
|$500 to $10,000
|$200 to $500
|$100 to $200
|$50 to $100
|$0 to $50
Their error this penny rare. The 1909 VDB penny is a rare coin due to a coining error. At the start, the VDB for Victor David Brenner is mentioned on teh front side of the coin. Just 24,000 1909 VDB pennies were made in Philadelphia before removing the VDB and with that 484,000 were minted in San Francisco with the VDB
The color of the penny also affects the value of the 1909 VDB penny. Red colors pennies are of higher value than brown brown or green pennies. Copper in a penny reacts with oxygen to make copper oxide that makes the penny red color. The copper oxide’s larger quantity makes the penny high-value. A professional coin grading service must grade a penny. it gives correct data about values and conditions
How to find the value 1909 VDB penny
- mint mark. The mint mark is an alphabet that lies on the back side of the coin below the date. The mint mark P and mint mark S is the San Francisco Mint
- condition of the coin. A professional coin grading service measures the condition of the coin. The most comonly used service is PCGS and NGC.
- Find the same value coins. When we find the coin condition we can find the value of the coin that has recently been solved of the same type.
1909 VDB Penny Error
- Doubled Die Obverse (DDO): It exists when the front die is misaligned making the design double.it is a common error at the 1909 VDB penny and its value can be a hundred dollars to many thousands of dollars according to the severity of doubling and coin grade.
- Die Clash (DDR): If two die make a connection with each other in the striking proces. making the design at both sides dies punched on the coin. It is a rare error than DDO and can be high value
- Off-Center Strike (OCC): if the coin is not struck in mid of the die resulting in the design being missed. it is a common error on coins but it more checked on the 1909 VDB penny due to the small size of the coin and complicated design
- A clipped Planchet (CP) is a piece of the planchet that is missing. it can done if the planchet is not correctly trimmed before it is struck, or if it is struck with a die that is not properly aligned. it is a rare error on the penny, and it can be several hundred dollars, also in low grades
- Lamination Error (L): if layers of metal in a planchet are not accurately connected with each other. A coin comes with a wavy look. It is a rare error on this penny can have a high value
1909 VDB Penny Features
Here are some of the main features of the 1909 VDB penny:
- Obverse: The photo of Abraham Lincoln facing right exists on the coin. The work LIBERTY is on the photo, and the date 909 is below.
- Reverse 2 wheat stalks with the ONE CENT written between them. The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is over the rim. The VDB at older types were exits lie at the bottom, below the wheat stalks.
- Diameter: 19 mm
- Weight: 3.11 grams
- Composition: 95 percent copper, 5 percent tin and zinc.
- What is a 1909 VDB penny worth today?
An uncirculated 1909 VDB penny in MS67 Red grade value is $79,200. For circulated 1909 VDB penny in G4 grade is $800.
- How valuable is a 1909 penny?
1909 penny with no mint mark P is $3 to 16 dollars in average-fine condition. A 1909-S VDB penny with S mint is worth $1,000, based on its condition.
- How can you tell if a 1909 VDB is real?
Check the 1909 VDb penny mint mark that is made at S San Francisco, so any penny with a different mint mark is not a real 1909 VDB penny.
- What is the error on 1909 penny?
1909 VDB Penny DDO Error Die Clash (DDR) Off-Center Strike (OCC) A clipped Planchet (CP) Lamination Error (L)
- How many 1909 VDB coins were made?
Only 484,000 1909 VDB pennies were created. This makes it one of the rarest US pennies ever minted.
- What is the rarest US penny?
1943-D Bronze Wheat Penny is the rarest of all pennies,
- What penny is $1000000?
943 Lincoln penny has sold for $1 million
- What penny is worth $50000?
1959-D wheat pennies worth about $50,000.
- What year penny is worth $20000?
1992 Lincoln Penny’s worth is more than $20,000.
- What year penny is worth $1000?
A 1909 VDB penny in G4 grade is $1,000.
- What year penny is worth 2 million dollars?
955 Doubled Die Lincoln Cent worth 2 million dollars.