Hi, guys, I hope you all enjoying your life. in today’s tutorial we will have a detailed look at Introduction to MSP430. It is a family of microcontrollers that provides different categories of 16 bits MCUs. This controller comprises less power, digital, and analog components used for detection and measures different parameters.
This module is usually constructed for such embedded applications that are less expensive and less power usage. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at its working, pinout features, and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to MSP430.
Introduction to MSP430
- MSP430 is the circuit constructed board over which used to designing of such applications which is based on the Arduino due to their similar infrastructure which does not have large processing power similar to the Raspberry Pi.
- As the Arduino is created on the AVR controller MSP430 is created on the TIMSP430 MCs. It is used for the creation of less power usage applications since it does not hashish processing power which exits in the Raspberry Pi.
- On this board, there are 2 ports P1 and P2 are created UART port is used at points P1.1 and P1.2.
- There is inner oscillator exits on this board with that it has a reset button.
- To program this module there is no need of exterior hardware.
Features of MSP430
- These are some important features of MSP430.
- It comprises of dual inline pin or DIP socket for linking of and detaching of MCUs.
- To debug very little power it uses energy trace technique.
- There is one button and 2 light-emitting diodes rare exists on this board.
- There is a hardware reset button is exits on it.
- The voltage at which it works is five volts.
Pinouts of MSP430
- These are pinouts of MSP430 which are mentioned here with the details.
P1.0 to P1.7 and P2.0 to P2.5
- This group of pinouts is input and output pinouts that exist on the board for interfacing different devices.
- It is a button that provides general interfacing when the device is operating.
P1.0 and P1.6
- These 2 are LEDs that indicate the process of different operations.
- This pinout is used for resetting the controller.
- There are 3 pin jack exist at the lower side of the controller where exterior power supply is attached.
Applications of MSP430
- These are some important applications of MSP430.
- It used in different Tim MCUs learning instruments.
- It used in different types of ROBOTs.
- The operation of quadcords and plans based on this module.
- In automation of different types of buildings involves this module.
- The security and control circuits comprise of this module.
- Electronic locks comprise of this mode.
- it used in medical devices.
So friends that is a detailed post about MSP430 if you have any further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. have a good day.