Hello, friends, I hope you all are having fun in your life. In today’s tutorial, we have a detailed look at Introduction to STM32F103. This module is compatible with the ARM Cortex M3 and based on thirty-two bits RISC core which functions at seventy-two megahertz frequency. This device also comprises of twelve-bit analog to digital converter, 3 sixteen bits timers with single pulse width modulation timer.
This controller is also compatible with different types of communication protocols such as I2C, SPI USART. In today’s post, we will have a detailed look at its working, pinout, features, operation, and some other parameters. So let’s get started with Introduction to STM32F103.
Introduction to STM32F103
- The STM32F103 is a high performance thirty-two bit RISC based controller having an operating frequency of seventy-two hertz.
- It has a flash memory of having space of one twenty kilobytes and a static ram of twenty-kilo bytes.
- There are numerous inputs and outputs terminals and different devices linked with the 2 APB buses.
- Every linked device has twelve bit analog to digital converter, 3 general-purpose sixteen-bit timers.
- This module offers different types of communication protocol which comprises of 2 I2C protocols, 2 SPI, 3 USART communication protocols.
- The functioning voltage of these modules is in the range of two volts to 3.6 volts.
- This module can function in between 2 temperature ranges first is from minus forty to plus eighty-five centigrade and the second one is minus forty to plus one hundred five centigrade.
- The STM32F103xx series is available in different packaging which has thirty-six to one hundred pinouts.
- This module is used in different types of games, GPS, industrial machines, PLC, etc.
STM32F103 Block Diagram
- The structure of this module comprises of buses, DMA or direct memory access, inner static random access memory unit inner flash memory which operates as a master device, and all other devices linked with it, slaves.
- The below figure shows the bus architecture of this module. You can see that the connection between the core bus system and direct memory access is regulated by the bus matrix.
ARM Cortex-M3 core
- It is the central processing unit of the controller and it is the main part of the controller. It is the latest model of ARM processor which used in different types of embedded systems.
- This module has seventy-two megahertz highest frequency, ninety DIMPS having 1.25 DIMPS/megahertz,
- There are 2 types of memory unit exits in this module first one is flash memory and the second one is static random memory.
- The function if flash memory is to store data and program and its storage range is one twenty kilobytes.
- The static random access memory is used for reading and writing at the central processing unit.
- It stands for a nested vector interrupt controller, which used to regulate the almost forty-three maskable interrupt channels which can be controlled by the programmers and in NVIC there is sixteen priority programmable levels exits.
- Its full form is external interrupt it comprises 19 edge detector lines for creation interrupt request.
- For detection, purpose exterior trigger is used like rising, falling trigger.
- The clock system of this module comprises of different clock source in the controller like a high-speed inner clock, high-speed exterior clock, phase-locked loop clock, etc.oop) clock, and LSI RC (Low-Speed Internal Resistor and
Capacitor oscillator) and LSE (Low-Speed External) Oscillator.
- This system provides a clock pulse to the controller at the starting time. This startup clock is created through the HSI has a frequency range of eight megahertz.
- There are 3 types of pinout is used to deliver power to the controller.
- This pinout is used to offer power to the inputs and output and inner voltage regulation. At this pinout, two to 3.6 volts are given.
- These pinouts are used for exterior analog power to the analog to digital converter the voltage given at these pins are 2 to 3.6 volts.
- This pinout is used to offer power to the real-time clock, inner clock oscillator, and registers.
Pinout of STM32F103
- The pinout configuration of this module is shown in the below figure.
That is all about STM32F103 if you have further query ask in comments. Thanks for reading. have a good day.