Hi, reader welcome to the new post. In this post, we will have a detailed look at the Introduction to L-PAD Attenuator. L-pad Attenuator is a very modest voltage divider system is used in numerous electrical and electronic projects to produce a lesser voltage. this kind of attenuator is used in frequency-reliant circuits to make damage (attenuation) in a transmission line or to tie the impedances of unbalance input supply and load systems.
The L-pad attenuator comprises of two resistors in series with each other associated crosswise a voltage supply with the proportion amid these two resistances creating a voltage divider system.
Introduction to L-Pas Attenuator
- L-pad attenuator circuit is equal to the voltage divider circuitry used to decrease its input voltage by some quantity.
- In the given diagram, you can see that The two resistors are linked in series crossways the completion of the input voltage, while the output is obtained across only one resistance.
- In this circuit two resistors making the form of an overturned letter “L” and due to this it is known as “L-pad Attenuators”. For this kind of circuitry, attenuation is specified as Vout/Vin.
- In the given circuit Input resistor R1is connected in series with the output, while resistor R2 is in parallel the load.
- the output voltage delivered by this “L” formed prearrangement is separated by a factor equivalent to the proportion of these two resistor values.
(Vout= Vin x Volts)
- the L-pad attenuator is prepared by resistors therefore there is no phase change occur in this attenuator.
- The addition of the attenuator among the supply and the load not change the input voltage and so the resistance gotten by the supply should persist similar at all periods.
- As the two resistors have persistent standards, if the impedance of the load is not endless, the attenuation is.
- As a consequence, the L-pad attenuator can individual source an impedance tie in one way only.
- L-pad attenuators are usually used in audio submissions to decrease a greater or high power signal while comparing the impedance amid the source and load in delivering extreme power transfer.
- Though, if the impedance of the supply is unalike to the impedance of the load, the L-pad attenuator can be completed to tie either impedance but not together.
- This is since the arrangements of the resistors do not yield a similar impedance seeing into the system from both ways.
- We can say that the L-pad attenuator is an irregular attenuator and so if an attenuation arrangement is needed to join 2 inadequate impedances in both ways, another category of attenuators such as the regular T configuration or the “Pi-pad” attenuator can be work.
L-pad Attenuator with Identical Impedances
- As we have studied earlier, a passive attenuator is a system resistance intended to decrease the power an acoustic or wireless frequency signal without presenting any alteration to the voltage signal.
- Occasionally the output from an acoustic amplifier can be higher and attenuation is essential to send this signal to the megaphone.
- For instance let’s think that we want to decrease the power transported from an amplifier having output source impedance, ( ZS ) of eight ohms sending a loudspeaker load, ( ZL ) of ten ohms by six decibels. For we better understanding let’s see the circuit diagram.
L-pad Attenuator with Inadequate Impedances
- So far we have observed linking the L-pad Attenuatoramid to equivalent impedances in direction to deliver attenuation of a signal.
- We can also “L-pad attenuator” to tie the impedances of two inadequate (inequal) electronic circuits.
- This impedance matching can be in the way of the greater or the lesser impedance but not both.
- The outline of the attenuator will be similar as earlier, but the equations used in corresponding the two not equal impedances are unlike as shown.
L-pad Attenuator features
- L-pad attenuator is a passive circuit and decently resistors system which can be used to decrease the power of a signal during identical impedances of the input supply and load.
- L-pad attenuators are usually used in acoustic electronics to decrease the auditory signal formed by an amplifier sent to a loudspeaker or earphones.
- Though, one of the chief drawbacks of the “L-pad attenuator” is that since the L-pad attenuator is a persistent impedance expedient, at little power backgrounds the attenuator alters all of the energy not directed to the load into temperature which can be significant.
- at considerable high frequencies or where an attenuator circuit is obligatory effortlessly tie the input and output, other enhanced attenuator enterprises are used.
That is a detailed post about the L pad attenuator if you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day.