Hi, readers welcome to a new post in this post we will have a detailed look at the Differentially Compounded Dc Generator. Before going to start detailed about these generators you must study the CUMULATIVELY COMPOUNDED DC GENERATOR. that we discussed in the previous post.DC generator is such a device or machine that used to transform mechanical power provided by the primer mover in the ac power.
There are many types of dc generators such as shunt dc generator, series dc generator, compound dc generator, etc. In this post, we discuss detail the Differentially Compounded DC Generator its working, operation, and some other related parameters. So let’s get started with Differentially Compounded DC Generator
Introduction to Differentially Compounded DC Generator
- The differentially compounded dc generator comprises of both shunt and series field windings but their configuration is such that their generated flux cancel each that is contrary to cumulatively compounded generator.
- The equivalent circuitry differentially compounded dc generator can be seen here.
- Note that armature current direction away from the dotted point of windings but shunt field current is moving towards the dotted windings point.
- The equation of MMF for these generators is written here.
- The equivalent shunt field current of series field windings and armature reaction is mention here.
Ieq=-NSE/NF x IA-FAR/NF
- The net value of the effective shunt field current is given here.
IF’=IF-NSE/NF x IA-FAR/NF
Terminal Characteristic of a Differentially Compounded DC Generator
- In differentially compounded dc generator some factors like the cumulatively compounded generator exist but the difference that they have similar directions.
- With the increment in armature reaction, IA(RA+RS) losses rise which results in a decrement in the terminal voltage of the generator.
- With the armature current increment, the MMF series field windings increase FSE=NSEIA. That results in a decrement in the net MMF of generator Ftot=NFIF-NSEIA due to this effect net flux of the generator decreases.
- Flux decrement reduces internally generated voltage that decreases terminal voltage.
- As these 2 factors decrease the terminal voltage with the load increment on the generator.
- The characteristic curve of a differentially compounded dc generator is seen here.
Voltage Control of Differentially Compounded DC Generators
- As the voltage loss features of differentially compounded dc generators are worse but they can be set the value of terminal voltage for respective load.
- The method for voltage adjustment of the terminal is similar to the shunt and cumulatively compounded dc generator.
- There are mentions here.
- Vary the speed of rotation of Wm.
- Vary the IF.
Graphical Analysis of Differentially Compounded DC Generator
- the voltage characteristic of the differentially compounded dc generator is shown in graph find accurately in a similar way that we discussed in cumulatively
compounded dc generator.
- To measure the terminal characteristics generator show this figure.
- The part of effective shunt field current due to shunt windings is equal to the VT/RF because a high current exists at the shunt field windings.
- The field current remainder is shown by Ieq and is the summation of series windings and armatures reaction.
- This resultant Ieq current denotes the negative horizontal distance across the axes of magnetization curvature as both series field and armature are destructive.
- The resistive losses of the generator is mention by IA(RA+Rs) that is length about the y axis at the curve. To measure the value of output voltage for respective load find an area of the triangle created through resistive voltage losses and equivalent current Ieq and determine the one location where it accurately relies on among the IF line and MMF curve.
That is a detailed post about the Differentially Compounded DC Generator. If you have any further query ask in the comments. Thanks for reading. I tried my level best to provide quality knowledge to you. Have a nice day.