Hello, guys welcome to the new tutorial. Here we will discuss Introduction to BT139 TRIAC. TRIAC also called bidirectional triode thyristor and bilateral triode thyristor has three pinout that is used for the current configuration. TRIAC is created with the use of thyristors and its working operation is like the relay in the sense that has features to regulate the large voltages and current through the use of small levelss of current and voltages.
TRIAC get starts operation through the application of a positive and negative voltage at its gate terminal. Here we will discuss details about the BT139 TRIAC. So let’s get started.
Introduction to BT139 TRIAC
- The BT139 is triac that has the ability to regulate the power value for loads six hundred volts to sixteen ampers Has a feature of 4 quadrants.
- It has features to operate on the positive and negative gate current applied and switching of negative and positive is also applicable.
- It is covered in the passive casing and has sensitive nature and suit for bidirectionla switching and regulation of phase applications.
- Its common applications are speed control of the motor, in industries, and heating with static switching circuits.
- There are three pinouts it has similar to the transistor.
- In TRIAC configuration there are two SCRs linked in nonparallel configuration so has features to run a load in positive and negative directions.
- Its four quadrants operation leads to installation in the operation of AC loads since AC current has negative and positive polarity.
- It has features to handle the larger value of current
BT139 TRIAC Pinout
- It has four pinouts that are discussed here
- Pin 1: It is denoted as T1 and used for current providing and getting from the device
- Pin 2: It is denoted as T2 which helps to send current in and out.
- Pin 3: It is a gate pin and regulates the current flow between the first two pinouts
- Tab; It also used for current in and out movement
BT139 TRIAC Features
- Its main features are discussed here
- It has a sensitive gate circuit
- It has features to operate in 4 quadrants
- It has a high value of voltage blocking features
- It comes in TO-220 packaging.
- Its breakdown volts is six hundred volts and its continuous current ability is sixteen volts.
BT139 TRIAC Applications
- Its main applications are mentioned here
- This TRIAC is considered as good for low power switching applications and circuits
- It gets the signal from modulators
- MOtor control circuits used this module
- Used as a switch for ac loads.
That is all about the BT139 TRIAC I have explained all parameters of this component if you still have any further queries ask in the comments. Thanks for reading have a nice day.