Hello, readers welcome to new post. In this post, we will discuss Difference between RISC and CISC. These 2 units are the architectural configurations of the central processing unit according to different commands given. They are categorized on the basis of some points like programming modules. usage, signal, etc.
In the RISC there is the use of hardwiring for programming and in CISC there is the usage of CISC. In this post, we will make differences in 2 units according to different parameters. So let get started.
Difference between RISC and CISC
What is RISC
- RISC stands for reduced instruction set computing.
- It is a type of computer that has a small size and high-speed operating group of instructions.
- It uses numerous registers and instruction lines having regular order and generates a small quantity of CPI.
- Its main function is storing modules where the memory unit gets through certain commands in place of a group of instructions.
- There are numerous categories of RISC such as ARC, Alpha, ARM, etc.
- The ARM structure that is employed in different types of mobiles, tablets such as iPad and Android mobiles belong to the RISC structure.
- It also employed in supercomputers.
- Most commands in RISC is less complicated and run fastly to work on these commands.
- It used a single clock for the execution of commands.
- Its structure configuration is very basic.
- It uses a small amount to creates.
- It needed a small number of commands than another system.
- There is no need of an array for this module.
- It not in need of any certain codings.
What is CISC
- It stands for complex instruction set computer.
- In this category of computer is there is one unit of commands can be employed numerous functions like mathematical functions, storing of data.
- It also has the ability to work at different levels of operations with the use of one instruction.
- An example of this system is mainframe computers.
- SOme microcontroller is also part of this system.
- The microcontroller such as 8080, iAPX432 belongs to this system.
- 6502 and 6809 are part of this system.
- There is a certain category of commands employed in this module that helps to implement commands with high speed.
- It helps to make small-size instructions.
- There is the usage of small numbers of processes to apply different commands.
- It is compatible with to array system.
- It also used conditions coding.
- As comparable RISC it needed a memory unit.
- It is taken as part of a security system used at different levels.
That is all about the difference between RISC and CISC. If you have any query ask in a comment. Thanks for reading have a nice day.