Hello, readers welcome to new posts. In this post, we will learn Difference Between Registers and Memory. There are different components are used in the central processing unit that performs the different functions. Like these components, there is 2 main components used are registered and memory that helps to store the different types of data and commands given to and getting from the CPU.
The registers are used to store the instruction that is under process in the CPU. In the memory unit the instruction and commands store over which process will be done. In this post, we will learn the different parameters of Memory and Registers and make their comparisons. So let get started.
Difference Between Registers and Memory
What is Memory
- Memory is located in the central processing unit where instructions are stored that will be processed by the CPU.
- Here data is positioned for instant usage.
- It is considered as the very basic element of the computer that without this module computer will not work effectively.
- It is also used by other parts of computers like software, hardware, and operating system.
- 2 main categories of memories. The first one is the primary and the second one is secondary.
- RAM is an example of primary memory.
- RAM is generally positioned close to the microprocessor of the CPU.
- Generally, the Memory Unit of the computer lies at the exterior side of the CPU.
- Its measuring units are kilobytes.
- It has the ability to store larger data than the registers.
- Its data speed is high than registers.
What is Registers
- The register is storing device that stores the data that is being under the process of CPU.
- It is a combination of flip-flops and has the ability to store data larger than a single bit.
- It is considered as sequential logic circuitry in the field of digital electronics.
- The common categories of registers are accumulators, Data registers, address registers, etc.
- Its location lies in the CPU.
- Its measuring size is bits.
- There is direct access to this module.
- The types of registers are categorized according to their operation.
- In this unit, data is stored for a very short time interval and transmit to respective positions.
That is all about the Difference Between Registers and Memory. I have mentioned each and every parameter related to these 2 units. If you have any further query please mention in the below comments. Thanks for reading. See in new interesting psot. till then have a nice day.