Hi, readers welcome to the new post. In this post, we will learn Arduino Mega2560. Arduino Mega 2560 belongs to the family of microcontrollers and comes in an ATmega2560 configuration. There are fifty-four pinouts are created on this board to make connections to external devices. These pinouts are types of digital with that there are sixteen analog pins assembled on this board.
Here we cover its basis pins working and other related parameters and know-how that can be practically used. So let get started.
What is Arduino Mega 2560?
- Arduino Mega 2560 having high power and handy chip used by design engineers and technicians who are willing to make an electronic device.
- These easy-to-use chips have been popularized by Arduino and Arduino clones. These are the mini-controllers that are made of very simple chips to create designs with.
- In short, an Arduino Mega 2560 is a module for Arduino that can be connected to the Arduino board to create an electronic device. Let us explore the features of Arduino Mega 2560 in detail. 1. five gigahertz and WiFi 802.11b/g/n WiFi module with I²C interface 2. PWM output for analog & digital circuits 3.A
- USB power supply used for Raspberry Pi 4. GPIO & SPI interfaces 5. On-Board Instruction Sets (SXDP) 6. ATmega2560 Processor 7. DIP package 8. Easy USB/Memory Programming 9.
How does the Arduino Mega 2560 work?
- The four core elements are divided into two parts that are called as microcontroller on the left side and hardware peripheral on the right side. As we know that in a computer there is the circuit board.
- The chip is attached to it and contains all of the processing chips. In the microcontroller, there is a certain function in each program. For example, every program is composed of sixteen analog input pins, sixteen digital I/O pins and sixteen output pins.
- Hence, the Arduino module comes with sixteen analog inputs, sixteen digital Inputs and outputs, and 16 outputs in a program. Digital pins: The analog inputs from the board are made of two pins, PWM and PWM1.
- The pinout PWM1 links with the digital pinout number three in this module. The output pin is digital pin 5.
Arduin Mega 2560 pinouts
- As per this board one of the most important pinouts is digital pinout which is used to read and write data in digital form. These pins are designated in groups of three pins.
- The digital pinouts are: F1 and F2 are used for accessing the two digital inputs, PIN1 and PIN2. PIN3 and PIN4 are used to access the power pins. Power pins include pins P1, P2, and P4. P6, P7, and P8 are used to connect a short lead to a DC jack. Pin9 and pin10 are used to connect the 0-5V supply pin to pins P1 and P2. Pin11 and pin12 are used to connect the output pin to pins P1 and P2. Pin13 and pin14 are used to connect the 5V-12V output pin to pins P1 and P2.
- The digital pinout is followed by the bi-directional configuration of pins P1 and P2 for PWM control.
Where can you buy Arduino Mega2560?
- You can buy this board from the official Arduino online store. At the moment this module has reached its “Buy Now” price.
- This module can get almost thirty-five dollars. Arduino Mega 2560 has features of free-to-download manuals and easy-to-use software. It also comes with an integrated Arduino shield. This shield will allow you to control the motor that powers it as well as connecting other parts.
- To control the “DEEP DEBUGGER” click on “Program”.
Arduino Mega2560 Features
- Its main features are listed here.
- It is based on microcontroller boards of Atmega2560. There are fifty-four pins of I/O and O/p nature are designed on board.
- Fifteen pinouts of these boards are used as pulse width modulation and sixteen as analog inputs.
- Four UARTs with sixteen megahertz are existed on this board.
- Consists of one power jack and ICSP headers and for reset purposes, there is one RESET button.
Arduino Mega2560 Technical Features
- Its operating voltage value if five volts and recommended volts value for input is seven to twelve volts.
- There are fifty-four pinouts it has and fifteen pinouts work as pulse width modulation.
- It comes with sixteen analog input pinouts.
- Fifty milliamperes can be given at 3.3 volts pinout.
- two fifty-six kilobyte flash memory is assembled on the board.
- Static ram value is eight kilobytes with EPROM of four kB is assembled on the board,
- Sixteen megahertz pulse is provided
Application of Arduino Mega 2560
- Arduino Mega 2560 can be connected to other boards by using standard 12 pin headers. However, for connections of 2560 to 2610, there is a requirement of a certain type of pin header.
- This board can be used in projects that require just motor driving.
This is the best time to change your previous version of Arduino and shift to Arduino Mega 2560. You can start your new DIY project with this Mega Arduino and it is going to be easy for you to understand how it works in the beginning. You can use Arduino Mega 2560 with very little work and it is going to solve your problem with the ease. Do You Want to Know The Difference Between Arduino Nw and Mega 2560? Arduino Mega2560 is powered by an onboard AAA battery that can provide you with an output power of 1.2V. It comes in a 32-pin ATSF (Arduino Tunable Flash) IC package and has a built-in clock with 65MHz clockspeed. Arduino Mega 2560 offers a generous 8MHz bus width. It is a 32-bit microcontroller which is best suited for IoT projects