Hi, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss BC556. It belongs to the family of BJT transistors and can get in the form of a TO-92 casing. As it is a commonly used device so preferred to be employed in different projects as an amplifier and switch that is the main feature of any transistor.
The value of volts given at the terminals for CE is in the range of sixty-five with negative polarity. Due to this feature used in applications where minus sixty-five volts dc is needed with the current of one hundred milliampere. Here we will know about its working features and some other parameters. So let get started.
What is BC556 transistor?
- A BC555 and BC556 are often confused with each other. The difference is that the BC556 has an emitter gate surrounding a baseband transistor. There is very less value of collectors losses at the emitter.
- The BC555 has top collector surrounding a baseband transistor. The emitter side of BC555 has high collector dissipation (Pc). So the BC555 is more suitable for high current applications like inductive load where Pc is a more critical element to calculate currents than the baseband.
- The baseband transistors of BC555 can be damaged due to high power outputs.
- The baseband transistors of BC556 can have a high Pc without compromising on the baseband output. The low Pc baseband of BC556 can help avoid short circuits in high power applications.
How does the BC556 work?
- The BC556 transistor works on the basis of the relationship between voltage and current (resistive law). The amount of current needed to power the transistor depends on the voltage V and the duration of the modulation.
- Transistors behave in accordance with the SI unit J/C because this relation exists for the vast majority of general-purpose low-voltage solid-state switching and amplifiers.
- Every function of an amplifier requires a current. Here the current is referred to as anode current. The thickness of the wire conductor determines the magnitude of the current. Transistors work by moving electrons from a positive to a negative side of the junction.
- The area of a CPN transistor is called gate.
How to Make Project with BC556
- BC556 is mostly employed in switching and amplifier applications. That is a very basic part of many projects to control it and know how much power it can generate.
- So there is need of good knowledge and high level of experience to make such projects and the new person will face difficulty to handle these conditions.
- So if you are new to use these transistors and facing any difficulty i will suggest you and projects creators and masters in the field of electronics that not only help to design and creates projects but also helps the low budgets person to make projects through their sponsorships programs.
- This manufacturer is PCBWAY. They offer the services of PCBs and their products.
- There are different features they have to offers the prototyping service and construction of boards according to users’ demands.
- The main features that make them unique then other PCB suppliers is high-quality projects, fast delivery, less cost, and given-time shipping.
- They are not working as brokers and work as solo PCB suppliers in the industry.
- Their website is also displaying good quality content to the users to get the details info about their services.
- They are collaborating with all over the world almost two thirty-five thousand users.
- The cost for boards is according to dimensions but generally for one fifty millimeters by the eighty-millimeter board can get in fifty dollars that is good prices than others with high quality.
- So in the end I will suggest you use this supplier for the projects that you are going to make through BC556 transistors they do not help to make the process and also suggest the practical implementation of the device since they have an experienced team of engineers.
- Various types of amplifiers and a large variety of audio amplifiers are being used in electronics circuits to enhance the sound quality of music and sounds of track.
- The transistor can be used as a potentiometer amplifier which is a common type of amplifier which consumes less power and it is mainly used to enhance the audio quality of music.
- Other uses of the transistor are: How is the transistor working ? The transistor is electrically the equivalent of two diodes in series. The output current from a diodes depends on the relative difference of the cathode and anode voltages.
- The voltage of the transistor is measured by the collector current.
- The current gain is not proportional to the voltage gain. The collector current of the transistor is -65V and the output current is –40A.
So if you are looking for a good value for money and well rated transistor for your IC based projects I would recommend you BC556. It can be used to drive Loads as low as -65V DC (2A load) upto 50mA. Also it can be used to drive loads as high as -105V DC (2A load) upto 300mA. Due to its low dielectric constant and high Kramers resistivity and good DC carrier propagation characteristics it can drive single power rails with high current with load currents up to 200mA. BC556 Transistor Technology BC556 has several leading semiconductor manufacturing process for manufacture of bipolar junction transistors such as CdTe, CdS, CIGS, GaAs, InP, and InGaAs. Other than that the BC556 is also manufactured using the traditional mode conversion techniques.