Hello, readers welcome to the new post. Here we will discuss Introduction to 2N3904 NPN Transistor. The transistor is an electronic device that is used in different projects as switches and amplifiers. Different types of transistors are used according to circuits and features. But there are two main types of transistors that are based on the doping configuration such as PNP and NPN transistor.
Here we will give an overview of the 2N3904 NPN Transistor that is very commonly used in different projects and circuits.
Introduction to 2N3904 NPN Transistor
- The 2N3904 has NPN configured BJT transistor and is employed in amplifiers and switching projects
- Its structure is such that can operate at less value of current power and volts.
- This module is created byh the Motorola company which is very famous for electronic components manufacturing.
- It comes with the To-92 packaging configuration
- It is less expensive, and due to different features usd in certain applications
- It has three main pinouts emitter, base, and collector
- It uses the current value of two hundred milliamperes forty volts and six twenty-five milliwatts
- There is two hundred milliamperes currents can pass through it.
- During biasing there should be five milliamps currents should be provided.
- In case of complete biasing there should be two hundred milliamps current can pass through it
- In full biased state called saturation region.
2N3904 NPN Transistor Features
- Its main features are listed here
- It comes in to-92 casing type
- Value of VCB for this device is sixty volts
- value of VCEis forty volts
- VBE is six volts
- Collector current is two hundred milliampere
- Its nature is BJT.
2N3904 NPN Transistor Pinout
- There are three main pinouts it has’
- EMitter: Current comes out from this point
- Base: Work as a control for components like tap
- Collector Larger than other two parts and get the supply
2N3904 NPN Transistor Applications
- Its main application are listed here with the detailed
- It used as the switch
- work as amplifiers
- operates in Darlington Pairs
- Consists of home appliances such as LED TV
- part of sound and signal amplifiers
2N3904 Transistor as a switch
- During transistor as switch operation, it works in saturation and cut-off region. Transistors operate as an open switch for forwarding biased states and closing within reverse biased states. To get this biasing level to provide the required current at the base. For biasing current five milliamperes is needed. The value of the current is larger than this current damage the transistor So resistance used in series combination to the base pin
- Base resistance can be found through the formula
- The equivalent transistor of this component are given below
- BC537, BC538, 2N4401, and P2N2222A. BC547 and BC548.